So, has anyone bricked their iPhone yet?

Nuggets

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
With all the mods and stuff surfacing, I'm wondering if anyone has bricked their phones. How fool proof is the restore function in case something gets hosed? I'm assuming if you brick the phone, you're done but has anyone managed to do it yet?

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
I haven't heard anything about anyone bricking their phones due to these mods. So, I assume no one has. Either that, or they're just too distressed to talk about it.

AfroAaron

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
The Big UK
I haven't heard anything about anyone bricking their phones due to these mods. So, I assume no one has. Either that, or they're just too distressed to talk about it.
Right HERE:mad:

Last night i did...

does not work, turn on and doesn't start, and after about 2mins it turns on, but you can't do anything!

i plug into iTunes, unknown error!

iactivator, error!

when i do turn i on, all it does is stay on the locked screen!

someone help!

i do try holding sleep+home

Nothing, the Apple pops up, then turns off!

i really want to restore
but iTunes cannot sync with the iPhone!
:oops::oops::oops:

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
Right HERE:mad:

Last night i did...

does not work, turn on and doesn't start, and after about 2mins it turns on, but you can't do anything!

i plug into iTunes, unknown error!

iactivator, error!

when i do turn i on, all it does is stay on the locked screen!

someone help!

i do try holding sleep+home

Nothing, the Apple pops up, then turns off!

i really want to restore
but iTunes cannot sync with the iPhone!
:oops::oops::oops:

What was the last thing you did to your phone before this happened? Is your battery fully charged?

PhatKid

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
You're holding the home and sleep buttons for the full needed time for the "connect to iTunes" logo to pop up?

AfroAaron

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
The Big UK
What was the last thing you did to your phone before this happened? Is your battery fully charged?
what you need to do is restore on a mac. /thread
First to princess, last thing i did.. well
im a noob and i was trying to add a diff battery background!
and i pasted a load of img into the firmware part of the iPhone iactivator thing if u get my drift!

and i took out the 'Applelogo.img2'
i don't know why... ive put it all back to how it was, but i can connect iPhone to iactivator

so basicly last thing i did was screw with all the iactivator files in the iPhone firmware file, then i jailbraked it, then bam, stopped:oops:

to meanvdub
i cannot restore the iPhone all goes wrong(iTunes does not allow it to connect (unknown error!).. please click on my profile and see my thread! has pictures of the problem, if you need more pics, im willing (screenshots to) same goes to you princes if there is any thorts in your head..
i am will to take more pictures and screenshots if needed!

please help me!
thanks you both!
Oh yes battrey is charged

im thinking if i let the batt die... maybe it might work when im charging?:confused:

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/forums/iphone-jailbreak/iphone-help-error-8959.html

This is the full story

Last edited by a moderator:

AfroAaron

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
The Big UK
You're holding the home and sleep buttons for the full needed time for the "connect to iTunes" logo to pop up?
Man.. ive held that button longer than you can imagine

i hold it anylonger il grow grey hairs!

(Need any more, im willing for detailed and screen-shots if needed!)

thanks for your time?:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

rinual

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
iPhone bricking near impossible.

The only thing needed for iPhone to be sensed by a computer is a hardrive and power. Even if the phone is wiped, it can be restored.

Please delete the folders you added files to and just add the default files from the phone. (just search google or go to mmi and look at their stock firmware)

I have personally tested deleting the iPhone, and had no problem restoring the phone.

if this doesn't work for you, you either have a problem with your computer, or your article is fabricated.

~Rinual

AfroAaron

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
The Big UK
The only thing needed for iPhone to be sensed by a computer is a hardrive and power. Even if the phone is wiped, it can be restored.

Please delete the folders you added files to and just add the default files from the phone. (just search google or go to mmi and look at their stock firmware)

I have personally tested deleting the iPhone, and had no problem restoring the phone.

if this doesn't work for you, you either have a problem with your computer, or your article is fabricated.

~Rinual

Hey Much thanks

all working phone!
thanks!

TomTomTuning

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Camp Hill, PA
Since when did the UK get the iPhone?
I thought that wasn't going to happen for some time?

Glad you fixed it... and chill with the font changing .. lol

AfroAaron

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
The Big UK
Since when did the UK get the iPhone?
I thought that wasn't going to happen for some time?

Glad you fixed it... and chill with the font changing .. lol
Haha il keep it this size for ya!

i know i think it will come out next year..

but, i know people in Apple, and well.. im too cool to not have one!
lol only joking man
my friend knows somebody in Apple inc. and he got me and him one.. not bad ey?

anyway i was soo scared when it didn't work, i got it all sorted and syncd now thanks god!:laugh2:

marauderrt10

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
all working now im all good

unbricked so there you go..

youve seen a bricked victim!
technically you didn't brick it, you just put a file in a part of the phone where it doesn't belong, so the OS got confused and couldnt start up,a real bricked phone is one where every attempt to restore it is a failure. Only way i see bricking this phone is dropping it in water, and a little chat with Mr. Hammer.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
I thought I did today. All that kept happening was the loading bar kept comming up and the screen was frozen. It turned out that somehow i deleted ALL the applications? Strange but it did happen. I was trying to just delete NES EMULATOR but I guess it deleted them all.

hoffa

Aug 21, 2007
i bricked my phone someone help! im freaking out..i was adding the ssh folder and asked me to change my master password/ and i don't know if i typed something different than password as my password..but i have everything written down, when it told me to restart my iPhone ..it just stays bricked..wont start please ANYONE HELP! BY PHONE OR BY THE FORUM! Thanks

Jun 29, 2007
i bricked my phone someone help! im freaking out..i was adding the ssh folder and asked me to change my master password/ and i don't know if i typed something different than password as my password..but i have everything written down, when it told me to restart my iPhone ..it just stays bricked..wont start please ANYONE HELP! BY PHONE OR BY THE FORUM! Thanks
try holding down the home button and the power button (at the same time) for about 20 seconds... it should force your iPhone to restart.

hoffa

Aug 21, 2007
try holding down the home button and the power button (at the same time) for about 20 seconds... it should force your iPhone to restart.

thanks i got it to unlock but im stuck again..i don't know what to do w/ the binkit..i unzipped it and i don't know what to do w/ the folders or where to stick them