So how do you have your icons organized?

jimmyrules712

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
With everyone installing apps I'm curios how people are organizing (or not organizing) everything.

For example I'm using 5 pages:

1st page is multimedia stuff (ipod, iTunes, pandora, AOL radio, last.fm, scratch, midomi, recorder, camera, photos, youtube, scribble, remote)

2nd page is Productivity / communication / phone related stuff (calendar, clock, calculator, flashlight, myto-dos, notes, spend, truphone, people, contacts, aim, facebook, inetworktest, app store, settings)

3rd page is informative programs (google, maps, weatherbug, units, movies.app, localpicks, hotels, jobs, ign reviews, sportstab, mobile news, NYtimes, Bible, ereader)

4th page is games (monkey ball, crash kart, chopper, taptap, 2 across, sudoku, solitair, texas holdem, jirbobreak, labyrinth, spinner, boom!, brainchallenge, enigmo, pearme, rubyrepeat)

Also on the main bottom bar I have phone, text, email and safari

5th page is kind of miscilaneous, stuff I don't really use often enough to put anywhere and might end up deleting, or have no room for, etc. (phonesaber, stocks, weather, airme, VNC)

You don't have to name off your programs, but at least describe how you are organizing it all!

TangoTango

Bronze
Jul 19, 2008
Las Vegas
Two pages.

First page is stuff I use most often, second page is stuff I use less often.

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
4 pages:

1. is the apps i use the most; mail, weather, iTunes, App store, clock, camera, iPod and what not.

2. all my games

3. all the other apps I don't use as much like youtube, ebay and stuff like that

4. Apple contacts, Apple weather, Apple stocks... basically the ones I never use

and then on the bottom bar is phone, sms, calendar, and safari

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Nice icons phil. LoL FSU SUCKS!:p

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
not that organized...

first page looks stock minus the iTunes app

page 2 is what i use the most

page 3 is the apps i like but don't use often (or cant delete i.e. iTunes and Contacts)

page 4 is soon to come lol

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks for the compliments everyone. :laugh2: I can't take credit for making the icons, I found them online but they are definitely pretty awesome.

And yes, FSU sucks.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Here's how my icons are arranged:

The first page...fairly stock.

The 2nd. Kind of a misc page.

3rd... "Communications" and also where any Web Icons go.

And the last one where all of the games are...

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Not trying to Hi-jack thread or anything but. . .
-Does installing a whole lot of apps slow down the iPhone in any way? Cause looking at some of you guys pages, my WM could never handle it haha!

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
-Does installing a whole lot of apps slow down the iPhone in any way? Cause looking at some of you guys pages, my WM could never handle it haha!
It shouldn't because you can only open 1 app at a time, so nothing is running in the background..... app wise that is.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
It doesn't slow it down one bit ;)

You losers with your task managers :p
Just kidding :)

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Im wondering why some have a couple of empty spots on page 1, maybe waiting for that killer app?:)
Was that directed to me?

And if it was, I just like having the first page stock...I'm not quite sure why though...

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
Was that directed to me?
And if it was, I just like having the first page stock...I'm not quite sure why though...

I hear ya,.... I guess it's just the Virgo in me, (or maybe OCD) but I have to have every space filled on page 1 or I feel incomplete.

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
3 pages (so far)...1st page stock plus a "Home" webclip, 2nd page Apps from App Store, 3rd page a few favorite Webclips.

jimmyrules712

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
Was that directed to me?

I hear ya,.... I guess it's just the Virgo in me, (or maybe OCD) but I have to have every space filled on page 1 or I feel incomplete.
I would think an OCD person would see the benefit of having each page dedicated to a specific purpose (i.e. one page for commubnication apps, one page for games, one page for music apps, etc.)

If you follow that type of organization style then you will have empty slots...

If I were to fill the slots on each page before going to the next then I would have no real organization.