So I applied for a position at the Apple Store..

Leo

Zealot
Silver
Nov 9, 2008
Calgary, AB
..A few minutes ago. I applied for the "Assistant Manager" position. The place is 15 kilometers away, and I don't have a car (Gas is too expensive), so it'll take me a while to bus to work, but hey! I hope I land the position. I currently have 2.5 years experience as an Assistant Manager at my McDonalds, and I included what I believe is a decent resume. I'm really excited!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Good Luck! I hope you get the job and all the perks that come with it!

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Good luck! When you get to the interview stage, I've heard they are most interested in people who are enthusiastic about Apple products (not necessarily someone who is already an expert in everything Apple) with great communication skills. It will probably help to think of examples where you've been able to help someone come to a decision by providing them with useful information, and probably some situations where you've used Apple products yourself to be creative or productive. They use behavioral interviewing techniques where they gather information on what you've done to gauge how you'll do in future situations. :)

Leo

Zealot
Silver
Nov 9, 2008
Calgary, AB
Good luck! When you get to the interview stage, I've heard they are most interested in people who are enthusiastic about Apple products (not necessarily someone who is already an expert in everything Apple) with great communication skills. It will probably help to think of examples where you've been able to help someone come to a decision by providing them with useful information, and probably some situations where you've used Apple products yourself to be creative or productive. They use behavioral interviewing techniques where they gather information on what you've done to gauge how you'll do in future situations. :)
Thanks for the tips. The only thing I'm worried about is the staffing issue there, where they have too much staff and I might not get a phone call for a while. I live in Calgary, a city with over 1 million people, and that's the only Apple Store in Calgary.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
well it could be that they are planning on expanding...

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
GoodLuck Bro:laugh2:
-Working at an Apple store is one of jobs where you cant wait to go work, and don't wanna leave to go home ;)
How exactly do you know this? The Apple store sounds like a decent place to work - but a job is a job.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
How exactly do you know this? The Apple store sounds like a decent place to work - but a job is a job.
When I was an active member over at the "Howard Forums" their was a few Apple employee's their and they enjoy going to work...but of course the key word is "they"..."your" experience may differ;)

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
When I was an active member over at the "Howard Forums" their was a few Apple employee's their and they enjoy going to work...but of course the key word is "they"..."your" experience may differ;)
They probably also enjoy vacuuming.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Good luck, Leo! :)
Hope you get the job there!
Keep us updated if you get called in for an interview! :)

Dec 21, 2008
I applied at Apple last month and I still haven't heard anything. This is my dream place to work and have been waiting since age 14 to work there. I know a ton of stuff about macs and im the one everyone calls when there computer goes wrong! If anyone can give me any hints on how to snag a job there or if anyone knows a recruiter here is me Email: Adamtaylor307@msn.com.
Thanks a ton!

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Pursue an update from them. Call back and ask if there is any news about your application, and indicate that you would be happy to come in and do an interview at their convenience. They want people who want to work there so bad that they don't wait for a call back.

Oh, and if you make any written correspondence with them, make sure to use perfect grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Be short and sweet. If they feel like they'd have to read it over again to get what you're saying, they'll rather just toss it.