So I broke mine...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Kyled8888@gmail.com

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Yeah, somehow mine is broken. The speaker (the one at the top, where you hear people talking when not using speaker phone) does not work. The little tappy noises when you do the keyboard do not work. When I got phone calls, I must use speaker phone or they can here me and I can't hear a word they are saying on the other line. What would you guys suggest?

AngelJO008

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
try doing a reset of the phone. If that doesn't work do a restore from iTunes. I have heard from other users that this often times fixes minor issues. If neither of those work, call Apple.

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
Oh man dude.. sorry to hear thatt... how did that happen? did it get wet? did you drop it?

Im not to sure what to do maybe reset the phone or something maybe its a software thing

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Yeah, somehow mine is broken. The speaker (the one at the top, where you hear people talking when not using speaker phone) does not work. The little tappy noises when you do the keyboard do not work. When I got phone calls, I must use speaker phone or they can here me and I can't hear a word they are saying on the other line. What would you guys suggest?
i would suggest taking it to an Apple store and having them look at it. there is a 1 year warranty from Apple. Of course if your phone shows heavy signs of abuse or dropping you are probably S.O.L.

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
yup... try to take it to them unless it shows signs of abuse and if you modded it restore it before you goto them don't forget.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
yup... try to take it to them unless it shows signs of abuse and if you modded it restore it before you goto them don't forget.
i can see it now...uh yeah sir, how did you get these icons on here. and why the HELL do you have Achey Breaky Heart by Billy Ray Cyrus as your ringtone.

jimwarden

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Mute switch?

Be sure you haven't flipped the mute switch at the top left of the iPhone near the volume control.

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
i can see it now...uh yeah sir, how did you get these icons on here. and why the HELL do you have Achey Breaky Heart by Billy Ray Cyrus as your ringtone.
lmao yeah I know that crap would be so funny lol id be like uhh thats not mine sorry wrong iPhone

Same thing happened to me, people told me it was the headphone switch. it didn't reconize it was unplugged and didn't switch back. Best advice, use earbuds until you get it an Apple store. You may get lucky, mine just magically worked when I was 15 mins away from the Apple store,( which is an 2 hour drive for me.)

Try restoring to factory settings

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Same thing happened to me, people told me it was the headphone switch. it didn't reconize it was unplugged and didn't switch back. Best advice, use earbuds until you get it an Apple store. You may get lucky, mine just magically worked when I was 15 mins away from the Apple store,( which is an 2 hour drive for me.)

Try restoring to factory settings
Hmmm, I wuz hoping the headset jack was electronic and not mechanical. Anyone know? If it is mechanical I wouldn't feel too comfortable if it fixed itself, as the problem could easily return.

--
Mike

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
What? That's a vibrate/audible mode... That doesn't turn the headset jack on and off... Someone correct me if I'm wrong..

On topic: Bring it to an Apple store just make sure Billy Ray doesn't go with you. :D