So I broke my iPhone....

Rex32

Nov 29, 2007
Hey Everyone,
I was a little too drunk last night for State Patty's Day at Penn State and I, for some unknown reason, threw my iPhone in the air and it just smashed on the ground...
The screen still works fine and all but the top is busted off a little and the really bad news is... I don't have service. I used to have full service in my apartment and now I have zero. Can't check voicemail or anything.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Drink less. Buy new iPhone.

Rex32

Nov 29, 2007
Haha I have a bar phone, idk why I didn't put the sim in that....

Rex32

Nov 29, 2007
I'll get pics in a minute, its not that bad...

You think Apple can fix it? It's frustrating, just no service but everything else is fine

Rex32

Nov 29, 2007
I put in a friends sim card and it said no service, then it wanted to be connected to my computer so when I plugged it in it wanted to do the activation stuff...
Do you think when I get a new SIM fom ATT (i lost mine) it will actually work and it said no service since it was a sim from my friends iPhone and they don't match up on ATTs side (wrong sim for the iPhone registered in there system)

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
You gotta be pretty drunk to throw the iPhone in the air... Wish it was on video... you should go out and get the 16gb today...

Rex32

Nov 29, 2007
haha I'm pretty hard on phones, they usually only last a few months but I normally have insurance...
I figured I'd get the curve if it was broken since it's pretty cheap on premier but I'm glad to have it, I'll let you guys know if it works with a new sim

Rex32

Nov 29, 2007
Well I lost mine and when I put my friends in it goes to the activation thing...

cpolaris502

Bronze
Nov 15, 2007
Rogers, MN
it just wants you to activate the new sim because that one is not set up to run on the i phone.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Hey Everyone,
I was a little too drunk last night for State Patty's Day at Penn State and I, for some unknown reason, threw my iPhone in the air and it just smashed on the ground...
The screen still works fine and all but the top is busted off a little and the really bad news is... I don't have service. I used to have full service in my apartment and now I have zero. Can't check voicemail or anything.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike
Participate in the Phi Psi 500 and look at your Home Screen. When you pass the Rathskeller, you should see some bars. :laugh2:

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
U might as well send it in. What could it hurt? If it doesn't work and they can't fix it after all then what have you lost? Good luck!

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
man I've done some pretty stupid things when drunk, but can't say i've bashed my iPhone up :) now drunk texting on the iPhone at 2am, yeah, I'm guilty. :cool:

Rex32

Nov 29, 2007
Just an update, got a new sim card at ATT today and all is good.
Had to activate it in iTunes but it works fine.
The top is a little busted open so I'm a little nervous using it in the rain or somethin... I'll see if I can get it to snap back together.

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
Just an update, got a new sim card at ATT today and all is good.
Had to activate it in iTunes but it works fine.
The top is a little busted open so I'm a little nervous using it in the rain or somethin... I'll see if I can get it to snap back together.
Good news but odd. Did the old simm card look cracked or scratched?

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
This thread is worthless without pics.. :D

edit: Apple should take a few pointers from Nintendo on how they built the Wiimotes. Those things can take quite a beating.