So I didn't pre order the iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by ibrencent, Sep 22, 2012.

1. ibrencent

ibrencent Member
    Bronze

I tried to not succumb to the hype that surrounds the new phone but failed and now I want to find one. I would particularly like to purchase at Best Buy and was wondering if anyone knows the best days to check for shipments and availability. Thank you for your help.

2. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

They usually get back to back shipments so try today. After that its just whenever. Try other places like target & radio shack too.

3. John Tierney

John Tierney Heretic
    Bronze

I dident pre order also. Walked into an AT&T store Friday afternoon and walked out 10 mins later with my new phone. ;)

4. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Lucky! we have about 20 AT&T stores here and I had to go in for a new SIM card after my pre-order arrived.. They said that their store had received 200 and sold out then they had got in another 75 later in the day and sold out..

The news reported the Apple Store here had 400+ in line but I don't know how many iPhone the Apple Store received..

5. John Tierney

John Tierney Heretic
    Bronze

i did get lucky,but i only wanted a 32gig. Ended up with the 64 as thats all that was left in black.

6. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

Oddly enough yesterday at 4p Best Buy had one 32G Black on Vz. The AT&T store had 8 left 16G White 64G Black and a couple of 32s. Other stores in the area were sold out by noon. WV area. Just didn't have the rush of the other cities.

Target

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

7. btitus

btitus Contributor
    Silver

Ask them (BestBuy) to place you on a waiting list. That's what I did for the 4 and got one about two weeks after launch.

8. RyansTitan05

RyansTitan05 Contributor
    Bronze

My drive to AT&T! They got a shipment in today! He picked one up!

9. btitus

btitus Contributor
    Silver

There might be more available than there were for the 4 and 4s. The only thing Apple really screwed up with this time was not making more cables and adaptors ready at launch. My fear is that some people are gonna damage their phones using inferior knockoffs early on.

10. JanL

JanL Member
    Bronze

You guys are lucky. My Best Buy only got five 16g in on Thur. I preordered and they are saying it could take up to 28 days. This sucks. I will never buy from BB again, next time directly from Apple.

11. btitus

btitus Contributor
    Silver

Wow, that DOES suck. I was able to pre-order, and get in and out BEFORE my appointment time. I'm just outside of Charlotte , NC and the BestBuy isn't exactly huge...

12. ibrencent

ibrencent Member
    Bronze

Well here's what I ended up doing. I am a reward zone silver member so decided to call and have them do the shopping for me. The lady said there were many stores , we have a lot of bbuy mobiles and full stores in the tampa bay area. She said they were all sold out in black. I asked if she would check the white and she was able to find 4 at a mobile store about 30-40 mins away. I hung up with her an called the store to ask if there was a chance they would hold one and he was like no of course. He also said there were only 2 left now and there is another lady on her way down. I said I'm leaving too, would you call me if she gets there before me and he had no problem doing so.

I ended up at the store with no phone call on my trip. Told them my name and the guy said he still had two. He got through the whole process of opening and setting up the new phone. I was getting ready to leave when he asked me to check out the home button. I said I also noticed it was hard to push and almost not working. The employee had a look of disappointment on his face and said he'd go grab and try the other one. It ended up working and I left the store a proud new owner of a white 32gb iPhone 5.

Not sure what happened to the lady but I found out she was coming from the same location I was. She never showed up and they said she never gave them her phone number so she lost out cause that was a pretty far drive. On my way down I posted to my facebook "racing a lady to get one of two new iPhone's lol"

Thank you all for your suggestions