So i downloaded a movie, how do i get it into my 3G

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
So i downloaded a movie.

Its in .avi format and i'd like to put it onto my iPhone 3g. I have a mac. Do i simply connect the phone to the mac and sync the file? to the phone? Do i need to SSH?

What do i do?

scudder

Bronze
Mar 4, 2008
Edinburgh
You need to convert it, then add file through iTunes, and check it for syncing to iPhone... search here or google for iPhone movie converters, there are loads... or torrent it

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Also edit your post - the mods can rule with an iron fist here lol ;)

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I torrented Slumdog (lol mods edit if voilating)

Its in .avi format and i'd like to put it onto my iPhone 3g. I have a mac. Do i simply connect the phone to the mac and sync the file? to the phone? Do i need to SSH?

What do i do?
London,

Do not take this as a slam, because it's not, but I would have thought that you'd already know how to do this! :)

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Im new to macs lol, many things i dunno yet but im learning. (that and Apple 1on1's).

Since its .avi i watch it with DivX instead of quicktime...no prob.

Thankx for the replies, but i have another question... How do i burn the file, or movie onto a DVD disc? Again... lol being new to macs. (its been like 3weeks with it now)

Dec 8, 2008
N
Curious question. What torrent tracker do you use. PM me.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
PM sent!

Ok so i downloaded Handbrake. It converted the .avi to mp4 easily (took 10min) didn't do anything to the quality.

Question, is there an option to burn it to a DVD disc for viewing in my living room lol. I do need to give the B&O system something to do besides music lol.

I guess ill wait for Hippo to chime in.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
In case you don't see the other thread, handbrake won't burn anything to DVD.

iDVD will, though. It's pretty easy to use. Let us know if you need help with it.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
See my other thread.

I understand all handbrake does is convert. (not that dumb heh)

I now understand the whole movie to iPhone thing. Its super easy. And the movie is on my iPhone.

My other thread is where im lost. Its getting that dvd, onto a disc.

This thread is pretty much solved lol.