so i have a blackjack

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
so i have a Samsung Blackjack (SGH - i607).

it really isn't that bad, but im not quite ready to use it as my primary phone just yet.

its got Windows Mobile 5.0, which is the equivalent of WinXP. its not bad at all, there is very little i have found to be truly annoying on it.

pros : nice screen, qwerty keyboard, 3G, decent camera, ability to multitask - well; dedicated message button, really long battery life...

cons : buttons are close together, no type correction (eg iPhone) speaker sucks, too many real buttons, WinMo5, no touch screen, no Wi-Fi, no flash....

i paid $50 for it. not bad.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
so i have a Samsung Blackjack (SGH - i607).

it really isn't that bad, but im not quite ready to use it as my primary phone just yet.

its got Windows Mobile 5.0, which is the equivalent of WinXP. its not bad at all, there is very little i have found to be truly annoying on it.

pros : nice screen, qwerty keyboard, 3G, decent camera, ability to multitask - well; dedicated message button, really long battery life...

cons : buttons are close together, no type correction (eg iPhone) speaker sucks, too many real buttons, WinMo5, no touch screen, no Wi-Fi, no flash....

i paid $50 for it. not bad.

My BIL loves his Blackjack.

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I have a friend who loves his Blackjack as well. In fact loved it so much that he got the Blackjack II ... However Windows Mobile 5.0 is no where near as powerful as windows XP. Don't you miss your iPhone?

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
Why don't you do the free Windows Mobile 6.0 upgrade from Samsung? I have a Blackjack as my secondary phone, and did the upgrade in 30 minutes. Much better support for HTML email and functionality. Of course it's no iPhone!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I had the BlackJack prior to getting the iPhone and didn't mind it at all. If I didn't insist on getting the iPhone I would have stuck with the BlackJack for quite a while.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
of course i miss my iPhone.

but i cant find the USB cord, so I guess until i do, im stuck with 5.0.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
You need to become a member over here. Different phone, but I think you'll find a lot of WinMob OS info, homescreens, etc.

H

Hayesimus

I got my best friend, dexter, a blackjack II for Christmas last year and I give it a thumbs up. I played with it for a day or so to check it out. As far as looks go, it looks very nice for a physical keyboard phone. I've never been a fan of blackberries. I think they look bulky. Also the BJ II has a fairly smooth user interface. Although admittedly its still possible to get turned around in some of the redundant menus and such. Not sure which windows version it was. Guessing 6.0 is a recent development? I'll have to tell Dex to update!

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
You need to become a member over here. Different phone, but I think you'll find a lot of WinMob OS info, homescreens, etc.
I used to love Everything Q when I had my Moto Q ... What a great phone it was for it's day. iPhone kills it though.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
actually, hayes the BlackJack II already has Windows 6.

i have the original Blackjack.

im going to go find someone with a USB cable today and do the update.