so i jailbroke but....

jonpno

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
so i did the jailbrake but when is was finished i wanted to go into iTunes to sync my stuff back but it wouldn't recognize my iPhone. so i restarted and it recognized but it went to the setup your iPhone screen. so i clicked setup a new one and it went back to normal but was i wrong in clicking setup new one? i hope i didn't do anything bad. was iTunes suppose to recognize the iPhone from the get go and was i not suppose to have got that screen with the set up iPhone screen?

please anything could be helpful thanks

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
so i did the jailbrake but when is was finished i wanted to go into iTunes to sync my stuff back but it wouldn't recognize my iPhone. so i restarted and it recognized but it went to the setup your iPhone screen. so i clicked setup a new one and it went back to normal but was i wrong in clicking setup new one? i hope i didn't do anything bad. was iTunes suppose to recognize the iPhone from the get go and was i not suppose to have got that screen with the set up iPhone screen?

please anything could be helpful thanks
when you say set up a new iPhone did it show the AT&T activation screen or the set up (name, prefs whatever)?

If that's the first ytime you connected after a restore, it will show that screen.

jonpno

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
when it connected it took me to a screen and the options were to restore my iPhone or to setup a new one. there wasn't anything on the screen about activation. i just wanted to know if i did something wrong.

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
when it connected it took me to a screen and the options were to restore my iPhone or to setup a new one. there wasn't anything on the screen about activation. i just wanted to know if i did something wrong.
Did it make you enter your AT&T info again? (i.e. your SSN, cell number, selecting a plan for your phone, etc).

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
no it didn't ask me for any info
I think you should be okay. A while back, I received a replacement phone. Instead of choosing "restore from a previous backup" (which is what I should have done), I did the whole "setup as a new phone". I can't remember if it asked for my AT&T info or not, but it DID restart my 2 year contract again with AT&T. It wasn't a big deal to me of course, as it only extended my contract a couple of weeks. Of course, my situation is a little different than yours, as I was using my old iPhone's SIM card with a new iPhone.

So worse case scenario, you may have renewed your 2 year contract....you can always double check with AT&T. I honestly think you're fine though.