So i just put on my screen protector...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Shirazik

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Irvine, CA
I just put on the Bodyguard screen protector on the front of my iPhone last night around 10pm. I'm just wondering, for the people who applied these type of screen protectors, how long did it take for the micro-bubbles to disappear? I've applied these on my other electronics and it usually didn't take long so I'm just wondering how long it should take for this.

Also, would the heat from charging the phone make the bubbles disappear any quicker?

Just worried that all these bubbles won't go away... I guess I'm too anxious

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
I just put on the Bodyguard screen protector on the front of my iPhone last night around 10pm. I'm just wondering, for the people who applied these type of screen protectors, how long did it take for the micro-bubbles to disappear? I've applied these on my other electronics and it usually didn't take long so I'm just wondering how long it should take for this.

Also, would the heat from charging the phone make the bubbles disappear any quicker?

Just worried that all these bubbles won't go away... I guess I'm too anxious

I have used these types of screen protectors with other devices and I bought the Power Support Crystal Film for my iPhone and took it off immediately...iPhone is engineered so it functions best with its bare glass screen.

If you still want to use one of these protectors be warned that despite what manufacturers say bubbles DO NOT always come out....from my experience it is very difficult to get most of the bubbles out.

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
im not sure what a bodyguard is. but i use the static cling film. it works amazing and no bubbles( since i bought my iPhone on the first day):laugh2:

Shirazik

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Irvine, CA
where did you get this static cling protector? Is it firmly in place, meaning does it not move around? Im thinking of taking this protector off if the bubbles don't disappear by tomorrow.

BIGTIMEBALLER504

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
i am using a screen protector the crystal plastic one or whatever and i rarley got any bubbles but wherever teh air bubble was i wud lift the plastic off around that area and put it back and it would be gone

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
where did you get this static cling protector? Is it firmly in place, meaning does it not move around? Im thinking of taking this protector off if the bubbles don't disappear by tomorrow.
you can find it at a local Apple store, its around 14.99 for 2 pieces( but you never need to use more than one)

its easy to intall, make sure you use the cloth to clean up the screen REAL well. make sure no dirt are on it. then just peel it off the plastic cover and put it on
make sure to do it slowly so air pockets wont be in there

the way i do it, is simply hold the 4 corners with my fingers, press it in a lil bit so it will form like a pit, then start from the middle and slowly to outward and you'll be stuck with no bubbles

its worth all pennies i spent on it. i keyed my screen and left no marks, no finger prints no smudges, and it doesn't slide around because its like magnet to the screen. and if you make mistakes, simply take it off, wash it and put it back on, its reusable :p
sorry for the long description

thegasguru

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
If you still want to use one of these protectors be warned that despite what manufacturers say bubbles DO NOT always come out....from my experience it is very difficult to get most of the bubbles out.
I disagree completely. I have used these "skin" type protectors for years (Invisible Shield, BestSkinEver, and Bodyguardz), and my experience is that the micro-bubbles always disappear...they just seem to get reabsorbed as the backing dries over time. However, it *does* take around 48 hours for everything to clear up. As for the bigger bubbles, it's best to work those out during the initial application while the backing is still wet and you can squeegee them out to the side of the film. Once things start to dry up, if the bubble is to big to "resorb", it gets tough to try to squeegee it out to an edge that is well-adhered at that point.

I like the Bodyguardz the best for the iPhone for two reasons. First, the screen piece covers the screen all the way out to the bezel (and the chrome bezel is the part that scratches easiet). And second, the tactile feel of the Bodyguardz is just right IMO - slick enough to slide your finger easily, but still not nearly as slippery as the naked iPhone, which makes it much less likely to drop.

thegasguru

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
oh it reads so nicely, but still

***HOW DO YOU CLEAN THEM?***
I use iKlear. Works fantastic. Another benefit of the Bodyguardz is that it gets MUCH less smudgy and junky than the naked iPhone screen does. But any surface where you drag your fingers across is going to get smudy, and iKlear buffs it right up.

Zman-iPhone

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
anything that i can do BESIDES spending money, like running it under hot water, or windex?

because when dust gets on that static cling surface, it CANT come off with a regular rag or the iCloth, it just makes more dust...

Plastikfear

Bronze
Jan 15, 2009
Somewhere over the rainbow
I have one bubble that has never disappeared but its toward the bottom of the phone in a spot where you don't really notice so I left it on. I'm so glad I have the Bodyguardz on there though, regardless of a tiny bubble. And a teeny tiny hair trapped along the side. No worries.