So I thought I could wait, silly me.

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
My plan this whole time has been to get an iPhone with my fiance when his contract is up (august 31st). I thought I could be patient and wait. Silly me. Six months? That is just too long! To make it worse I went to the Apple store today and played with it, and compared my sad dim blackberry screen to the bright beautiful iPhone screen, and I wanted to buy one right there! I called my fiance "um...honey?" lol anyways he wants me to wait at least until after we get married (may 3rd). I don't even know if I can wait that long! Now Im going to have to try to convince him to pay his etf..... I think Im loosing the battle against the desire for the iPhone.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
When I got mine I was using a brand new blackjack two. Witch is really an amazingly reliable phone. My roommates bought an iPhone and jailbroke it the first week. After that I had no choice but to scrap the brand new blackjack and purchase the iPhone. I personally am very impatient. I would beg beg beg. Good luck!

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
Haha thanks. It's not like hes telling me I can't get it (hes not that kind of guy). He told me "well... its your money and you can do whatever you want but I wanted to get them together..." . So basically I don't want to have to feel guilty. Hes not surprised though, Ive had my blackberry for 6 months and thats the longest I have really ever kept a phone. lol. He actually wanted the iPhone before I did, so I want us to share the joy :) . I figure if we get a decent amount of money from our wedding I can convince him to pay the etf with sprint, his phone he has now is horrible and cuts out constantly. Its time for a change :)

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
May might be a pretty good time to be doing this. By then there might just be some more news on a V2 iPhone release timeframe. If there is, and it's June or thereabouts like a lot of people are betting on, you'd have to hit up people a little less subtly for some more cash at the wedding maybe :laugh2:

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
May might be a pretty good time to be doing this. By then there might just be some more news on a V2 iPhone release timeframe. If there is, and it's June or thereabouts like a lot of people are betting on, you'd have to hit up people a little less subtly for some more cash at the wedding maybe :laugh2:
That was really the only thing that was holding me back, the possible chance of v2 coming out. A lot of people are starting to think it won't come out until the end of the year though, and I am definitely not waiting that long! When it does come out, I will just sell the one I have and buy a new one. If its worth it anyways. however, If they do announce that v2 is really coming out in june, I will be very happy!

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
LuckyKellyk,

I know its probably going to be hard to wait for the phone, but I just thought of something pretty sneaky to get you into one so you can save your money for all the cool accessories later, Gift Registry ;)

Hooray for Registries!

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
LuckyKellyk,

I know its probably going to be hard to wait for the phone, but I just thought of something pretty sneaky to get you into one so you can save your money for all the cool accessories later, Gift Registry ;)

Hooray for Registries!
Haha can I register at the Apple store? lol! I wish!
But seriously, do you think it would be totally rude to put "Apple store gift cards" under the registry section of our wedding website? I wonder...

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
LuckyKellyk,

Hooray for Registries!
Time to start droping hits in suggestions box over at Apple. I think that would be a killer idea.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Haha can I register at the Apple store? lol! I wish!
But seriously, do you think it would be totally rude to put "Apple store gift cards" under the registry section of our wedding website? I wonder...
I don't think that would be rude at all - I think a lot of the time people are stumped for what to get a couple, or get round to it late and find lots of things already done etc., gift cards are quick, easy solution :)

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Time to start droping hits in suggestions box over at Apple. I think that would be a killer idea.
Yeah for sure, almost all high end stores feature Wedding Gift Registries, even the low end like Target.com!

This would be a great addition to the Apple store, especially for me! :)

Dunno how the lady would feel about it, but why get stuck with 2 bread makers when you could get stuck with 2 iPhones or 2 imacs instead?

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
definitely not rude. We did it, and got tons of gift cards. We registered for things we had so we could return them for $$ and buy some things we wanted, but felt uncomfortable asking for. But quick true story:

When we were registering, I zapped a $200 entertainment system, just for kicks. Shari (my wife) got a little mad, but really didn't care. Someone bought it for us! LOL. Looking back, had we of registered for a tv or whatever, I'm sure we would have gotten it.

Point: register for whatever you want/need. Worst case scenario - you don't get it.

(boy, I sound greedy and twisted in this post)

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
well I did it, so we will see :). We had 3 other registries but none of them have very many items on them.My fiance registered for a blu ray player when we went to target, I don't think thats going to happen. He wanted to register at sears for a 4,000 lb capacity floor jack. Im like uh, I don't know about that. I wouldn't mind getting target gift cards, because you can always use those, but I really don't want a bunch of crate and barrel gift cards, or Macy's gift cards. I would MUCH rather have Apple gift cards! (By the way, thanks for the great idea guys! It will be interesting to see how much Apple $ we get. The thought of stacks of Apple gift cards makes me giddy! lol)

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Haha thanks. It's not like hes telling me I can't get it (hes not that kind of guy). He told me "well... its your money and you can do whatever you want but I wanted to get them together..." . So basically I don't want to have to feel guilty. Hes not surprised though, Ive had my blackberry for 6 months and thats the longest I have really ever kept a phone. lol. He actually wanted the iPhone before I did, so I want us to share the joy :) . I figure if we get a decent amount of money from our wedding I can convince him to pay the etf with sprint, his phone he has now is horrible and cuts out constantly. Its time for a change :)
Maybe a few extra "favors" here and there...heheh