So i THOUGHT manually managing music would be cool...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
...not so much. Playlists seem to be much easier to work with... at least for me. I edited a bunch of songs' information, and i couldn't figure out a way to sync that info to my iPhone! not to mention, if you have ~1000 songs picked out (from a 10,000+ song library) and you need to restore or something, you gotta pick 'em all over again! so i'm going back to the old way.

it WAS a lot easier for managing TV shows... instead of having to mark the ones you want as "new" and the ones you don't want as "old".

what are your experiences?

Jhors2

Bronze
Nov 11, 2007
I COMPLETELY Agree, I thought huh, this would be cool to do so i don't have some random playlist just containing all of my songs. But then on second thought its nice to have all of your songs you like on your iPhone backed up.....then it is also nice as to how well it syncs if I add any songs ESPECIALLY when i download new stuff and I forget about it later. Ill stick to letting iTunes do what it does best :)

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I used to manually do it with my first iPod and it was a pain. Syncing is much better.

- John

PhilipJohn

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
Bronx, New York
That's what I thought, I was like, Why would any one want to manually do this, I thought maybe I was just synching because I was retarded and was "missing" something. glad to see I'm not as retarded as I thought I was.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
All my music is kept SEPARATE on an external hard drive. From there I simply add and delete what I want on my iPhone. Not hard at all. Now if I had several devices that I was using iTunes to service, then there might be a problem. The reason I do it this way is for the exact reasons you guys are mentioning. iTunes is NOT a friendly program. It seems hell-bent on not pirating music and nothing else matters. This, causes tremendous problems when trying to incorporate bootlegs and older first generation (1985-1988) original silver cds. iTunes blows. Try it my way.

Last edited by a moderator:

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
hmm... I think I have a few CDs that old... I don't have any problems.