So I waxed my screen.....

runner7395

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
I waxed my screen with good ol' turtle wax. It's a trick I used to do with all of my PDA's. It always made the screen easier to use, the stylus felt better moving over the screen. So I thought why not my iPhone....

I love it....doesn't seem to pick up fingerprints as much as it did before and your fingers just glide over the screen, it really feels nice. Of course you can't do this if you have a screen protector on it but if you don't, give it a try.

tzhourdeka

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Thanks for the advice.
I tried it and I love it.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Wow I might actually give this a go. I'm going to try it on the v1 just in case but very cool idea.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
We're all gonna wax our screens now? I dunno, that's awfuly... metro...

I will avoid the obvious joke here. Nappy?

jaeguyoon

Bronze
Oct 29, 2007
and then you put the screen and it touches your face.

probably not the best idea.

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
No jokes here. I remember in the 80s when some of us were applying Armor-All to our CDs for supposedly better protection and sound...
As someone who wasn't conscious in the 80's, you guys must have been hepped up on goofballs.

Elbacanazo920

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Bronx, NY
It Can't be that bad its sort of like cleaning you nintendo games with alcohol and a Cotton swap. and if you did'nt have Alcohol water always seemed to work; Sounds like a horrible idea now but when you were 4, you tried anything to get Contra back up. Before It slips my mind does the waxing help with minor scuffs and scratches on the screen?

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
Sounds a bit silly to me, wouldn't this end up damaging your phone in some way? Plus if you have to remove your screen protector your screen is going to be more vulnerable.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
It Can't be that bad its sort of like cleaning you nintendo games with alcohol and a Cotton swap. and if you did'nt have Alcohol water always seemed to work; Sounds like a horrible idea now but when you were 4, you tried anything to get Contra back up. Before It slips my mind does the waxing help with minor scuffs and scratches on the screen?
But back then the trick was to blow as hard as you could into the cartridge that always seemed to solve the problem:p
-My friends and I would even blow on our playstation CD's until we realized technology is getting more advanced and blowing on it will simply not cut it. . .:p

xxsirvtecxx

Bronze
Mar 3, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
There's something called crystal Screen protectors chief...they are only 14.99 ...but i guess if this works then go for it, personally i wouldn't do that to my phone lol

Jun 27, 2007
But back then the trick was to blow as hard as you could into the cartridge that always seemed to solve the problem:p
-My friends and I would even blow on our playstation CD's until we realized technology is getting more advanced and blowing on it will simply not cut it. . .:p
... and if blowing in the cartridge didn't work, there always was the ol' "Cram another nintendo game on top of the other one" method....

Must....play....excitebike......

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
....doesn't seem to pick up fingerprints as much as it did before and your fingers just glide over the screen.
Isn't there a danger that the phone will glide right out of your fingers/hand?

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
I decided to give it a go with Rain-X tonight and the results were pretty positive. Doesn't pick up fingerprints as much, and they wipe right off when they do get on there.