So I'm looking for an "all in one" case...

Discussion in 'iPad Cases and Accessories' started by Hawk, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

My iPad Air arrives tomorrow. I have spent a couple hours looking at possible case options, and then went to best buy and looked at them in person.
    3 stand out as being top keyboard folio cases, all of them are about 99.00.
    #3- the new Zagg keyboard case with backlit keys. Great option if you want to make your iPad a laptop, since there isn't a "tablet mode" when using this keyboard folio. But the keyboard itself is sweet, and very nice to type on.
    #2- the Targus Versavu 360. The case allows for portrait or landscape orientation, and (with some effort) it can be flipped back for tablet mode. It supports a number of angles for the iPad, and the keyboard can slide forward to allow a very comfortable lap mode. It's kind of thick though, but so far, my second choice.
    #1- the Belkin Qode Ultimate keyboard case for the iPad Air. This thing is super thin. The keyboard is nice, but the keys are not raised like others. The case easily supports a tablet mode as well.
    I read a lot of reviews on this after seeing it in Best Buy, and just about everyone gives it very high marks. The only problem is that Best Buy only carries this god awful purple version. I like the color purple, but this is obnoxious. My guess is that they want you to buy from their site, which is 120, instead of the 99 at best buy.
    This is my choice keyboard folio, though. And I will wait till they are being carried by other Belkin retailers before I drop any cash on one.

Sent using iCafe app

2. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

Ok, as an update, I found that Logitech has also made a case just like the Belkin. It's called Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Folio for iPad Air. Upon reading about it, it's now a toss-up between the belkin and the logitech.

3. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

I've been using the Zaggfolio for a year and a half now and love it. The only time I remove it is when I am traveling because it does add a bit of bulk to the iPad. I like the Belkin Qode for the iPad Air, thanks for bring that to my attention.

4. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

After a bit more research, I'm still leaning on the qode myself.

Sent using iCafe app

5. Geo

Geo Member
    Bronze

Yes! I heard great things about that case/keyboard. Seemed quite sturdy and practical.