• mac mini

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lowram00

Bronze
Feb 11, 2008
memphis TN
Ok i been trying pick one two choices ipad 2 or mac mini..i only get on my desktop now to just download stuff and back everything up look few web stes but i know i with the new ios 5 coming out should i just keep the ole pc and get ipad since i can download everything wireless to my ipad and iPhone and plus add my bookmarks to the ipad but just in mid i don't do a lot on a pc/desktop but sync look few sites while syncing and really it i mean guess i get ipad now then sell/save few things up buy a mac mini in few months haha but just want see if my choice i kinda got stuck in my head be right one that get the ipad 2 again haha

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Have you considered a MacBook Air? A Mac Mini isn't a portable device so it's hard to compare an iPad to it. I'd say if you want a portable device, go with an iPad or MBA, and if you want to replace your desktop, go with a Mac Mini or an iMac.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
If your PC still works well for you, I'd be inclined to say go for the iPad or MBA as Europa mentioned. That way you have a desktop to make local backups on, view flash websites, print (if you don't have an AirPrint compatible printer, etc, and also a portable device to take with you wherever as an extension of your desktop.

Variety is good.

lowram00

Bronze
Feb 11, 2008
memphis TN
That's the thing I like have something bigger screen to web sites etc two I know can't carry a Mac mini but don't really want spend 1,500.00 and does no one make 3d party bowser app that lets flash work? But guess be nice have a iPad can carry it around

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Well, the logical answer would be to get the 3G one if you're going to use it a lot outside. But if your main usage will be at home, then get the wifi one and save the extra bucks. As for me, I'd get the 3G one, not only because you can use it anywhere you go, but also because the iPad 3 is still far from coming out, so you will not go "Oh snap! I just bought a 3G iPad 2 and the iPad 3 is already out!".