So is anybody's 4s battery better than before?

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by GreenMother, Oct 15, 2011.

1. GreenMother

GreenMother Member
    Bronze

I'm curious how your iPhone 4 battery life is since iOS 5. Mine seems the same if not worse.

#1 GreenMother, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2013
  2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Is the phone in a case or 'naked'? Of its in a case it could be the opening is causing it. ?

Sent from my iPhone4s using iCafe app

3. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

My battery life is worse on my iPhone 4 after iOS5 by 25%. I take it off charge at 6:15a and by 11:00 I'd be in the 30's. Now after the upgrade, I have to charge it to make it through the evening.

It is the same in my lifeproof case and naked. But I don't think I understand why that would make a difference.

Target

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

4. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

My iPhone 4 seems to have an improved battery life with the iOS 5 update, although I felt that it was good prior to the update also.

5. jareknyc

jareknyc Member
    Silver

my battery is great, i don't have issues with it on my new iPhone 4s, maybe even little better...

6. stil29

stil29 Member
    Bronze

My battery seems better. Calibrate it first then turn push to manual. Then use notifications only on apps you use. Also close all apps at night.

7. balisongflipper

Bronze

This happens EVERY time I get a new iPhone.
    Give it about 2 weeks to stretch and adapt.
    It will get better, I promise.

8. rollinfromhell

Gold

How do I turn the push stuff to manual? I am getting notifications left and right when all the badges and stuff are still turned off and my apps aren't opened.

9. NewGuy

NewGuy Member
    Bronze

It has been taken apart so you can compare the values:

iPhone 4 = 3.7 V 5.25 Whr = 1420 mAh
    iP4S = 3.7 V 5.3 Whr = 1432 mAh

As you can see, the 4S has a bigger battery. Not by much but still bigger (in capacity not necessarily physical size).

10. cliffeman

cliffeman Zealot
    Gold

I have noticed my battery life is worse than my old iPhone 4. But I'm gonna let it drain and then give it a full charge. See what happens after that.

11. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

I was always worried about battery life on my 4s turning locations off and notifications but recently I've been using these as what's the point in having them if there turned off and I have to say I'm well happy with battery life getting two days at least,take that one x..

12. Disneymom2003

Disneymom2003 Member
    Bronze

I have the 4 and I don't have any problems. Never turn my notifications off. Just charge every night

13. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Thread pre-fix added.

14. mobileAge

mobileAge New Member

Two suggestions re. battery life is screen brightness and GPS usage. Rather then have the iPhone set the brightness for me (Auto-Brightness ON is the default) I turn this OFF (Settings app -> Brightness) and then use the slider to turn the brightness down to a lower then normal level, but still easily readable. I find this definitely helps my battery last longer. Also if in the car and using GPS, be sure to have the unit plugged in as active GPS tracking seems to be a bit hit on battery life. Hope that helps.

15. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

thanks for the tips..

16. Franniej74

Franniej74 New Member

thanks for the tips for sure! my 18 yr old has the the iPhone 4S and her only complaint is the battery life. She charges it every night but it still dies duroing the day. I will pass this on!

17. Maggot

Maggot New Member

Also if you press the circle button and twice you can see the program's running in background, hold them and a minus sign will be seen, press and it delete and also saves on battery.

18. Dawg1234

Dawg1234 New Member

4s battery is pretty bad unplugged it at noon now it's 7:30 and says less than 10% remaing. Although I just the phones not lasting a whole day is the new standard that we all need to get used to it a buy extra chargers, car chargers, and battery packs. Wish we could just buy extra batteries tho.

19. sonic1519

sonic1519 New Member

I have found on my4s if you leave the bluetooth on all the time when not needed it will
    drain the battery also

20. Kgd0630

Kgd0630 Contributor
    Bronze

Two days at least, ? Are you saying that your phone lasts that long without charge? There's no way.