So is anybody's 4s battery better than before?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

GreenMother

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
I'm curious how your iPhone 4 battery life is since iOS 5. Mine seems the same if not worse.

Last edited by a moderator:

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
My battery life is worse on my iPhone 4 after iOS5 by 25%. I take it off charge at 6:15a and by 11:00 I'd be in the 30's. Now after the upgrade, I have to charge it to make it through the evening.

It is the same in my lifeproof case and naked. But I don't think I understand why that would make a difference.

Target

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

stil29

Bronze
Jul 28, 2008
My battery seems better. Calibrate it first then turn push to manual. Then use notifications only on apps you use. Also close all apps at night.

Aug 1, 2007
My battery seems better. Calibrate it first then turn push to manual. Then use notifications only on apps you use. Also close all apps at night.
How do I turn the push stuff to manual? I am getting notifications left and right when all the badges and stuff are still turned off and my apps aren't opened.

NewGuy

Bronze
Dec 30, 2009
Toledo, OH
www.facebook.com
It has been taken apart so you can compare the values:

iPhone 4 = 3.7 V 5.25 Whr = 1420 mAh
iP4S = 3.7 V 5.3 Whr = 1432 mAh

As you can see, the 4S has a bigger battery. Not by much but still bigger (in capacity not necessarily physical size).

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
I was always worried about battery life on my 4s turning locations off and notifications but recently I've been using these as what's the point in having them if there turned off and I have to say I'm well happy with battery life getting two days at least,take that one x..

mobileAge

Aug 27, 2012
I was always worried about battery life on my 4s turning locations off and notifications but recently I've been using these as what's the point in having them if there turned off and I have to say I'm well happy with battery life getting two days at least,take that one x..
Two suggestions re. battery life is screen brightness and GPS usage. Rather then have the iPhone set the brightness for me (Auto-Brightness ON is the default) I turn this OFF (Settings app -> Brightness) and then use the slider to turn the brightness down to a lower then normal level, but still easily readable. I find this definitely helps my battery last longer. Also if in the car and using GPS, be sure to have the unit plugged in as active GPS tracking seems to be a bit hit on battery life. Hope that helps.

Aug 28, 2012
thanks for the tips for sure! my 18 yr old has the the iPhone 4S and her only complaint is the battery life. She charges it every night but it still dies duroing the day. I will pass this on!

Maggot

Aug 29, 2012
Also if you press the circle button and twice you can see the program's running in background, hold them and a minus sign will be seen, press and it delete and also saves on battery.

Dawg1234

Aug 31, 2012
4s battery is pretty bad unplugged it at noon now it's 7:30 and says less than 10% remaing. Although I just the phones not lasting a whole day is the new standard that we all need to get used to it a buy extra chargers, car chargers, and battery packs. Wish we could just buy extra batteries tho.

Kgd0630

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 8, 2010
Anderson, SC
Two days at least, ? Are you saying that your phone lasts that long without charge? There's no way.