So is iOS worth losing my Jailbreak?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Just curious. I use SBSettings a LOT and I love my fakeclockup. Those are really the only 2 jailbreak apps I have, but I don't want to give them up if iOS5 isn't something particularly special.
And for the record, I don't want any iCloud services, so that is not a selling point.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Since those are the only two jailbroken apps you are using, I'd say yes. iOS 5 is a huge update and I think the new features will outweigh the convenience of SBSettings and the ability to remove animations.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I'm waiting due to my speed addiction as well. FakeClockUp is truly the crack of the jailbreak world.

The big things in 5 are

iCloud (already said you weren't interested)
Notifications overhaul
Automatic Wifi sync/backup and computerless setup/updates
iMessage (could save you money on SMS)
Native photo editing (red eye removal, one-touch touchup)
Keyboard shortcuts, system-wide dictionary
Custom SMS and email tones and user-programmable vibration patterns

There's a lot more but that's the big stuff in my book. Jailbreak should be juuuuust around the corner...

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I gave up my jailbreak, and now have iOS5. I must say my iPhone is now so much more stable. It doesn't freeze on me and my icons respond beautifully, I also noticed that my home button is working good again and is no longer unresponsive.

ITS ME DAVID

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
L.A C.A
I'm bored it's ios5 on my iPhone 4 nothing tickled my fancy I'm just waiting for my 4s to be delivered tomorrow so I can try out Siri

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
I personally , on my 3GS lol, think the new notification system is awesome. Always wanted email alerts so that alone made it worth it to me. More text tones and custom text tones is also kewl. Battery life seems a little bit better. Certainly not worse.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
IPW, I'm pretty sure that I posted in the right place. I was asking about iOS5, not how to jailbreak it. ;)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
IPW, I'm pretty sure that I posted in the right place. I was asking about iOS5, not how to jailbreak it. ;)
Actually, it will need to remain here in the jailbreak section. The administrator wants all threads with the the word "jailbreak" in the title to be moved to the jailbreak forum if they were started elsewhere.