So it begins...

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
well I hope everybody's thanksgiving was good and you all have a crazy ass black friday.

I fell asleep pretty early last night and woke up early this morning so I decided to go ahead and get up. I go to get in the shower and I realize my DA ran out of body wash (AXE). So I throw some sweats on and head out to go buy some (430 am) and I go to Wal-mart to find the whole damn parking lot full of people! I was like this is BS for a single bottle of soap so I said F**k it and went to the Albertsons which was closed for some reason. On the way back I past the Best buy and there cars backed up for like 6 blocks and the parking lots around the building were full to the max. Not to mention all the people camping in tents on the outside. Then of course the entire police force are up and ready to go. They were definitely trying to get there work in today. The only place i could find that wasn't so damn packed was the Whataberger so now Im going to enjoy a #2 with fries and a coke.

Thats my short lil story so you guys post your black friday events. Everybody will have something crazy to talk about.

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
I slept in. The wife did the 4am thing; not much to report except 3 fights over TVs.

I was at Wal-Mart yesterday getting last minute dinner stuff and saw that they had signs out describing a particular deal and "line forms here" and knew that there would be trouble.... :)

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I am at home and will stay here for the day. There is no deal in the world that would get me out on a day like this. I will stay home,stay warm, and let everyone else fight it out.:cool:

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
I worked midnight to 8 am at the largest outlet mall in the country. :)

My sister is the asst. manager at the Fendi and they needed an extra hand so I went in to help out for $15/hr.

It was nuts. People were lined up for hours and the major highway here was closed by 11:30 because of all the traffic lined up to get into the mall.

Wherever this recession is, it wasn't at this mall on this day. I watched people buy $700 Fendi bags like it was their job.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Proof that Black Friday is out of control. This is just terrible.

Last edited:

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
Im at work sales are good. I hate black friday working 7am to 5pm at 630 i had trouble parking crazy. Everyone stay home

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
Just read that (on my iPhone, actually). Horrible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I went at 4 AM this morning because my sister was looking for something for her husband. We ended up not buying it or any other doorbuster. I did get a sweet hoody and t-shirt though. I love this time of year.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
I was involved in something like this a few years ago, although luckily no one was injured, but not for lack of trying.

My mom and I went to the outlets at midnight to see how many people would actually show up. We were waiting on line at Coach when security decided the line was blocking the mall walkway and they wanted to move the hundreds of people lined up. Of course, they're all high school kids and not trained to do this sort of thing with hundreds of sale-hungry shoppers at a designer store. People started pushing and the line no longer existed.

These people were so intent on not losing their place in line they didn't care who got trampled in the process. It was insanity.

Thats the problem. These employees are not paid enough to be crowd control too. They're not trained properly to handle such crowds. And the people who are bargain hunting really don't care who gets hurt in the process. It's every man for themselves.

Last edited by a moderator: