So it's official. No iPhone 5 :(

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Answer me this, if it looked different, but had the same spec, would you be excited?

I think there are a lot of magpies around today!

Its undoubtedly a great update on an already great phone.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Its not a terrible phone. With iOS5 it will be the leading phone for the next 12 months im sure.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Answer me this, if it looked different, but had the same spec, would you be excited?
Absolutely yes. Now what's so special about owning an iPhone 4S while your friend is using an iPhone 4? They both look the same, and he can do everything my 4S can do. I can take better pictures, but heck, digital cameras are everywhere and the iPhone 4's camera is good enough.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Would you buy a Fararri if it ran like a ford?

aesthetics arent everything - maybe im feeling like this though because im not currently using an iPhone and arent able to upgrade till next year?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Why does the design matter so much? Is the iPhone 4 design that bad? I guess people care more about appearance than functionality.

I hate the name, though. I can't believe they didn't call it the iPhone 5. Calling it the iPhone 4S is a marketing mistake, IMO.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Why does the design matter so much? Is the iPhone 4 design that bad? I like it.

I hate the name, though. I can't believe they didn't call it the iPhone 5. Calling it the iPhone 4S is a marketing mistake, IMO.
I agree with that. But, the number 1 requested new feature in most polls was a larger screen. Apple stepped on it I believe, especially after holding off for 16 months.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Absolutely yes. Now what's so special about owning an iPhone 4S while your friend is using an iPhone 4? They both look the same, and he can do everything my 4S can do. I can take better pictures, but heck, digital cameras are everywhere and the iPhone 4's camera is good enough.
You're kidding, right? Wow, Tarek. Did you miss the Keynote?

It's as big as the leap from the 3GS to the iPhone 4.

kyleplusitunes

Silver
Jun 25, 2010
Why does the design matter so much? Is the iPhone 4 design that bad? I guess people care more about appearance than functionality.

If it was announced 5 minutes ago, maybe it wouldn't be so disappointing, but a year and a half for the guts to get bumped? Come on.

jb829904

Contributor
Silver
Jun 24, 2010
MO

I agree with you 100 percent! Aesthetically, I am happy with the "4S". I do think they could have changed the appearance and called it a 4S and people would be happy; kept the appearance and called it a 5 and people would be happy; or do both and people would be ecstatic. Still, though, a phone is only as good as its features and function, and I think they did a nice job updating.