So long and thanks for all the fish

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I'm afraid in my moment of clarity it has come to my attention that I am visiting these forums less and less with each passing day.

As a result, I don't find I have enough in common with the regular-clique here to drive each and every thread off-topic in a manner befitting the personalities that read them. If I try to post on topic its glazed over for something like "is the moon really made of cheese, and if so what kind?" Compound this with the fact that I've grown weary of answering the same questions over and over again without any sort of "Stickies" being put into affect in the Modifications forum and its clear I need a break from all this.

Its been a great run and I've enjoyed interfacing with the people I've met here. Perhaps I'll be back when 2.0 finally hits, but until then I bid farwell.

With regards to the Fight Club, it will remain open, however I will be making my addition updates on my own domain rather than here from now on. Hit up my site in the days to come for more info. Just nix the "repo" from my repository url and you'll land on my homepage.

DON'T PANIC!

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Yeah, what he said! You would / will be sorely missed, and that's an understatement. There is a need for more stickies on common topics - for sure - and I can understand the frustration when topics go very far astray, but I still find it fun and often useful visiting here. Anyway, I hope you may reconsider now or later.

Otherwise, I will console myself with keeping up with you on Twitter ...

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
Stop being ridiculous. If you leave, we'll hunt you down, and to be honest, I lack the energy. Sit. Stay. ;)

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
First KNK, then Mike, now you. Next Sam and I are going to have to leave! I'll miss seeing you around. And, as we all know, and I am not empowered to sticky threads, but if I was, there are quite a few useful ones I would throw up there.

And Alexander - thank you for not using 'ain't'. I hate that word.

- John

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Hey x999x - Just b/c you think you don't "mesh well" in the off topic, who cares? You're one of the few helpful people here. Take your break, have a drink, and come back. Don't anger Buffy.... ;)

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
x999x, please, please, don't leave.

you are a truly helpful person around here

and yes, it is a bit slow around here right now, but nevertheless, you are still one of the, if not the most helpful people around here.

So relax, sir, and please leave not.

H

Hayesimus

wow. I feel bad that the "clique" is causing dischord. Although, I feel compelled to point out that no on in said clique thinks of it as a clique. We are all just here having fun. There has been practically nothing of substance lately in the way of modding so... what else is a social butterfly to do but post in the off topic section. And I love the Hitchhiker's reference...

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
Thanks for all you have helped me with...which is a lot of things...good luck with whatever way you choose and if i remember right good luck with rehab you will be missed around here though

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I'm afraid in my moment of clarity it has come to my attention that I am visiting these forums less and less with each passing day.

As a result, I don't find I have enough in common with the regular-clique here to drive each and every thread off-topic in a manner befitting the personalities that read them. If I try to post on topic its glazed over for something like "is the moon really made of cheese, and if so what kind?" Compound this with the fact that I've grown weary of answering the same questions over and over again without any sort of "Stickies" being put into affect in the Modifications forum and its clear I need a break from all this.

Its been a great run and I've enjoyed interfacing with the people I've met here. Perhaps I'll be back when 2.0 finally hits, but until then I bid farwell.

With regards to the Fight Club, it will remain open, however I will be making my addition updates on my own domain rather than here from now on. Hit up my site in the days to come for more info. Just nix the "repo" from my repository url and you'll land on my homepage.

DON'T PANIC!
See you in June. There'll be plenty of On Topic posts then.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but if people want to take a break, fine, but why they feel the need to announce it to the world is beyond me.

please don't take that the wrong way. i know you've helped me out on at least a few occasions.

btw, it is difficult to keep up with Off Topic.

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
X999X
I am not sure how to respond to your post in these circumstances.

I do not know you well enough (beyond reading your posts and downloading from your Installer source) to comment on or even question your decision.

I do realize that recently you have become drug-free, and for that I congratulate you, Sir. It takes a great deal of strength to attempt that, and I hope you are pleased with what you have accomplished. It is one day at a time, and I encourage you to continue on the road you choose to be on.

Leaving iCafe:

As my mother said to me many times:
When you have a decision to make: Ask yourself:
When tomorrow comes: What will I wish I did today?

If leaving is the right thing to do, I wish you Good Day and look forward to your return.

If you have a question as to whether or not leaving this website will make you happIER or unhappIER, please err to the side of caution. Take a leave of absence and realize when you come back to visit that there are many people who will be happy to welcome you back.

Good Day, X999X
Be well, and be happy.

Good Day and Good Travels, Sir

Dana

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
X999X
I am not sure how to respond to your post in these circumstances.

I do not know you well enough (beyond reading your posts and downloading from your Installer source) to comment on or even question your decision.

I do realize that recently you have become drug-free, and for that I congratulate you, Sir. It takes a great deal of strength to attempt that, and I hope you are pleased with what you have accomplished. It is one day at a time, and I encourage you to continue on the road you choose to be on.

Leaving iCafe:

As my mother said to me many times:
When you have a decision to make: Ask yourself:
When tomorrow comes: What will I wish I did today?

If leaving is the right thing to do, I wish you Good Day and look forward to your return.

If you have a question as to whether or not leaving this website will make you happIER or unhappIER, please err to the side of caution. Take a leave of absence and realize when you come back to visit that there are many people who will be happy to welcome you back.

Good Day, X999X
Be well, and be happy.

Good Day and Good Travels, Sir

Dana
Welcome back, Dana...

x999x - looks like you meant it, eh? No response to your fans? :cool:

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I totally understand where you're coming from, and I hope to see you back someday soon, as you have helped me out several times. Also, I've read all the HHGTTG books, and they are awesome, and your reference wasn't lost on me!

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY

DON'T PANIC!
I cannot help with moon or the cheese, but I can certainly assist with stickies if you'd reconsider. I'm always open to suggestions to improving the forums and would hate to see you go.

-Chris