So Many Apps - Don't Know what to do?

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by EverythingApple, Apr 12, 2013.

1. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

I have to many friggin apps. I want to delete a lot of them, but think I might need them one day. I know they're saved in iTunes, but if I need them on the fly, I'll have to re-install them. I know I don't have to buy re-buy them, but the task of re-installing them bothers me. I could hide them, as I'm jailbroken. I actually just used one, that I haven't used in over a year. It was a pet first aid one.

I've always thought that with the game ones, I'd lose my data. But, I've deleted and re-installed them only to find my game data still there. But, I don't think that would be the case if I deleted them and ran iCleaner?

Any ideas?

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I delete them and add them again when needed. It doesn't take much time and it's not very often that I use them again anyway. I hate having apps installed that I rarely or never use. I have 44 on my phone right now and I'm always looking for ones that I can delete. I'd like to get down to about 35.

3. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

I keep a lot of apps that I rarely use. They are kept in folders on my second screen organized by general type. Spotlight lets me find them if I know what I want, and the app folders let me search by type easily. I've got plenty of space on my 64GB iPhone even with 20,000 photos.

My feeling is that they aren't slowing me down and don't get in my way so why get rid of them, except for apps that I find totally useless to me.