So many of us have 3.0 already, its no big deal

nydmx

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
Guys can i ask why if you are so excited to get 3.0 you just don't download it from one of the 1000's of developers who have put it on line?
I have had it for over a week already, and i know you guys are much smarter then me

So there has to be a reason why you guys didn't download it? What is it?

Anyway if you want my opinion and its just my opinion the new update isn't all that, first off no MMS (for ATT people)
Second copy and paste is here but i mean really how many times are you going to use it?

Landscape texting and emails is cool, but you know what i have found my phone goes to landscape when i am holding it in potrait way to much, kind of annoying
Other then that what exactly do you really want from this update? Its not like there is anything thats going to change your world, my guess is -this update was for the developers, whereas the new iPhone will be for the users
Just my opinion

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
Guys can i ask why if you are so excited to get 3.0 you just don't download it from one of the 1000's of developers who have put it on line?
I have had it for over a week already, and i know you guys are much smarter then me

Anyway if you want my opinion and its just my opinion the new update isn't all that, first off no MMS (for ATT people)
Second copy and paste is here but i mean really how many times are you going to use it?

Landscape texting and emails is cool, but you know what i have found my phone goes to landscape when i am holding it in potrait way to much, kind of annoying
Other then that what exactly do you really want from this update? Its not like there is anything thats going to change your world, my guess is -this update was for the developers, whereas the new iPhone will be for the users
Just my opinion
Personally, I'm looking forward to push notifications. I'm so tired of having to use up texts so that I can know if someone IMed me.

nydmx

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
Cool, ok thanks
Anyone else really waiting for something?
I was waiting for MMS mainly but without the update to me was useless, (again to me)

TxFireman1972

Bronze
Feb 12, 2009
Forgot to answer your original question....

Cut, Copy, and Paste is huge for me! Thats one of the best features to me.

sloppygti

Bronze
Jun 16, 2009
i believe the reason there is no MMS yet ius because Att hasent supported it on the iPhone plan yet alltho its avaiable for the new 3gs and 3.0 updates its not yet available through our plan .

i also believe its gonna cost us to use that feature .

Mar 24, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Push Notifications, MMS, etc.

I want all of those. I didn't get it from a Developer because I had a friend load 3.0 onto his 3G and well, the developer he got it from was very lazy in terms of updates and keeping him informed. He went to Miami a few weeks ago, get off the plane, low and behold his 3G was a brick. Our developer buddy neglected to tell him that Beta 3 stopped working. LOL

It was like pulling teeth trying to catch up with the guy and get him to load the pertinent ispw file.

So, I passed on the early 3.0 update. I'll wait til Apple loads it up and authorizes it for download, that way if I brick mine, I can take it to someone at the Genius Bar and throw it at their heads! I love warranties.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Also, apps that depend on 3.0 should be released in the app store today... Like the gps turn-by-turn apps.

nydmx

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
thanks guys
i was wondering why nobody (well not nobody but a lot of people) didn't download it, now i am starting to see why

Anyway I hope you all get what you want and enjoy it. I will tell you this if you didn't have an iPhone before and this is your first one and see the copy and paste and the landscape texting you would think its no big deal

But those of us who have been struggling with these issues since the first IDAY realize how far we come and appreciate it even more ;)

sloppygti

Bronze
Jun 16, 2009
and anyways why do people have to be so harsh on other who are patiently waiting for the new update ?

i mean first off the landscape txt is a big thing for me .
for someone who goes through 10k txt a month i believe having that feature will do better for me since i have large fingers .
i know when i use the landscape keyboard in safari i find it easier for me to type .

also i think the shake to shuffle is a neat feature .
along with the push notification . its kinda annoying to see the txt come up everytime someone im me .

the update in the calendar will be neat .
i use my callender on a regualr basis for just about everything i do in life . so id like to see how the new one works .

COPY AND PASTE.... op you may not use it that much but for others like me who hate hate hate getting pictures send to me and having to enter those reduiculous passwords to be able to see them. having copy and paste would make that task easier until att supports MMS on the phone .

the new apps .
its amazing the way our phone are able to play some of the most amazging games i have ever seen on a phone before and for Apple to let the developers have more tools to work with im sure we will only be seeing better and better games .

music videos and movies .
thats someone im excited about .
i travel a lot so for me to be able to get videos and watch em right on my phone will be something im looking forward too ....

anyways my point is maybe you might not use most of the features in the new update but don't be a bad Apple and spoil it for the rest of us ..

nydmx

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
Please don't take my post that way, i am not trying to ruin anything, i made sure i clearly stated in my post that this is just my opion

I guess i am just a little bitter about the no MMS thats all, believe me, when these updates or phones come out its like christmas to me too

We Beat U

Bronze
Mar 1, 2008
I, for one, am looking forward to having Safari remember my passwords. At work, we use Lotus Notes. Although there is now a mobile version to use on the iPhone, It hasn't had the ability to remember my username & password. I can't tell you how frustrating it is during the day to constantly re-enter my username/password everytime I need to check my email.

Really, a big PITA so that's why I'm looking forward to it.

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
I have it and love it. CCP is also huge for me, I use it on a daily basis.
The search page is also huge for me.

Maybe not as important but I like the voice recorder, when I am too lazy to type I record something and email it to my daughter:laugh2:

Tg

Plastikfear

Bronze
Jan 15, 2009
Somewhere over the rainbow

Just my opinion
Because some of us, like me, have been way too busy lately for internet-ing, and had no idea the 3.0 was available anywhere else already. I still don't know what the "3.0 GM" is, either. I'll wait until today, when its available via iTunes like the good little monkey that I am.

Plastikfear

Bronze
Jan 15, 2009
Somewhere over the rainbow
i believe the reason there is no MMS yet ius because Att hasent supported it on the iPhone plan yet alltho its avaiable for the new 3gs and 3.0 updates its not yet available through our plan .

i also believe its gonna cost us to use that feature .
I don't believe it will cost anything additional when MMS becomes supported, soon, with iPhone 3G. They are just going to have to change one of the codes in the billing system that changes it from "iPhone 3G Unlimited Text Messaging" to "iPhone 3G Unlimited Messaging" - which is an all-encompassing feature code. I really doubt its going to be an extra charge. I believe (as it makes the most sense) that it will be an automatic push thing, as well. Or you may have to connect your phone to iTunes again once AT&T has its MMS in place for 3G but other than that, I am pretty sure you'll be good to go. Again this is not official info so I could be wrong (just as how I thought there was going to be no new iPhone - that one really surprised me!).

I know AT&T seems to have this money-hungry greedy reputation around here, but if everyone understood the background workings, the real reasons why things are the way they are, etc. everyone would understand a little better and not be so quick to assume that everything enjoyable is going to come with a hefty charge.

You never know though of course. MMS uses data to transmit, (even though its included as part of the 'messaging' package rather than the data package), which may put a heavier load on the available 3G capacity on the serving sites.

That's the reason the 3G's data is $30, and the 2G is $20... because 3G is faster, was more popular, and thereforee put heavier strain on the network. That extra $10 from everyone each month goes toward maintaining the integrity of the 3G network, or expanding it, and I just don't think people realized that when the 3G came out and everyone was upset that the data was $10 more a month. Everything has its reason.

redneck47441

Bronze
Jun 3, 2009
I agree I don't have the time to do enough research on this GM 3.0 and what not.

Ronhape

Jun 17, 2009
I am currently running the beta 4 version and when I click update in iTunes it says 3.0 is the current version...What do I need to do to download todays 3.0 release?
Thanks

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
I am currently running the beta 4 version and when I click update in iTunes it says 3.0 is the current version...What do I need to do to download todays 3.0 release?
Thanks
You'll need to find a direct download link, save it to your machine, and perform a restore using that OS.