So many POP UPs when using this forum.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
What type of system? PC / MAC & I assume this is using the website, not the app?
Popup blocker turned in whichever browser you're using?

Sent using iCafe app

runningbear30

Bronze
Dec 11, 2012
I just opened this thread on my iPad4 and right away I get a Bounty paper towel pop up. This using Google Chrome and the web. Same pop ups using Safari.

runningbear30

Bronze
Dec 11, 2012
That's working as intended. I do think I'm going look at reducing the number of ads shown to guests, most notably the removal of pop-ups.

As a member, you will never see an ad using Safari on the desktop, iPad or iPhone.
Looks like I now understand why the pop ups and how to not get them. I do understand there is a cost in operating a web site and running a browser. Thanks for the quick answers.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Looks like I now understand why the pop ups and how to not get them. I do understand there is a cost in operating a web site and running a browser. Thanks for the quick answers.
No problem. Thanks for bringing it up. There's a fine line between covering expenses and deeply affecting user experience. We try to manage that by offering ad-free for members, but I think we can do a better job by our guests. I'm looking into removing those pop-ups.