So many POP UPs when using this forum.

runningbear30

Bronze
Dec 11, 2012
Why do we get so many unwanted pop ups when using this forum? they just keep on popping up, what a bummer.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
What type of system? PC / MAC & I assume this is using the website, not the app?
Popup blocker turned in whichever browser you're using?

Sent using iCafe app

runningbear30

Bronze
Dec 11, 2012
I just opened this thread on my iPad4 and right away I get a Bounty paper towel pop up. This using Google Chrome and the web. Same pop ups using Safari.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I just logged in and no pop ups so far. So it has something to do with being logged in.
That's working as intended. I do think I'm going look at reducing the number of ads shown to guests, most notably the removal of pop-ups.

As a member, you will never see an ad using Safari on the desktop, iPad or iPhone.

Reactions: RoofMonkey

runningbear30

Bronze
Dec 11, 2012
That's working as intended. I do think I'm going look at reducing the number of ads shown to guests, most notably the removal of pop-ups.

As a member, you will never see an ad using Safari on the desktop, iPad or iPhone.
Looks like I now understand why the pop ups and how to not get them. I do understand there is a cost in operating a web site and running a browser. Thanks for the quick answers.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Looks like I now understand why the pop ups and how to not get them. I do understand there is a cost in operating a web site and running a browser. Thanks for the quick answers.
No problem. Thanks for bringing it up. There's a fine line between covering expenses and deeply affecting user experience. We try to manage that by offering ad-free for members, but I think we can do a better job by our guests. I'm looking into removing those pop-ups.

mango44

Bronze
Oct 29, 2012
We removed all pop-ups. Members never see ads of any sort. I wanted to improve the experience for guests, so pop-up ads were removed completely.
And this is why I love this forum vs. others. Thank you.