So now that it is June what's up with the 2.0 update...

tomdice

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
Florida
any word when this going to happen?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I think the updates coming on the 9th along with the keynote and possibly a new iPhone.

jtown

Jun 24, 2007
he speaks the truth. june 9th. hopefully!

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
yay, we should have an update at WWDC but back in January Apple had said that 2.0 would not come out till late June. But if they release the new iPhone before then, like around WWDC, then they would have to release the 2.0 firmware.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Oh really? I thought Apple said June 9th...I guess I got late June confused with what everyones been saying about June 9th...

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Apple hasn't said anything officially yet. It's still a debate on whether the 2nd gen iPhone comes out June 9th or later in June. It WILL come out in June though I will bet you the new iPhone on that :)

gotpancakes

Bronze
Nov 24, 2007
June 9th the day Apple falls into financial ruin and the empire we know today ceases to exist.... Ooooorrr we get wicked sweet updates for our phone and a new iPhone to boot.. I personally would choose the latter

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
yay, we should have an update at WWDC but back in January Apple had said that 2.0 would not come out till late June. But if they release the new iPhone before then, like around WWDC, then they would have to release the 2.0 firmware.
They don't have to release the 2.0 firmware when they release the next gen iPhone. They can have the next gen iPhone ship with 2.0 and make it available to everyone else at a later date.

Joe

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
They don't have to release the 2.0 firmware when they release the next gen iPhone. They can have the next gen iPhone ship with 2.0 and make it available to everyone else at a later date.

Joe
When you say release the next iPhone do you mean announce it? Or actually let it go on sale in stores? Because if they have it on the new iPhone then they have to release 2.0 for everyone else too. technically they don't have to but why wouldn't they? If they put it on the new iPhone already then it obviously means its ready to be released to the public. It would make any sense at all for them to not release it the same day, or earlier than the day the new iPhone goes on sale.

Dec 18, 2007
Danbury, CT
Wouldn't it be funny if after all of the speculation about June 9th, that Mr. Jobs doesn't even mention the iPhone in his keynote?

Actually, if he doesn't announce the iPhone, he probably wouldn't even get out alive!

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Wouldn't it be funny if after all of the speculation about June 9th, that Mr. Jobs doesn't even mention the iPhone in his keynote?

Actually, if he doesn't announce the iPhone, he probably wouldn't even get out alive!
That would really suck! :mad:

phred26

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
Oakville, ON, Canada
This is a quote from Apple.com

"Pricing & Availability
Apple plans to release the final iPhone 2.0 software, including the iPhone SDK and new enterprise features, as a free software update for all iPhone customers by the end of June."
http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2008/03/06iPhone.html

So I'm assuming end of June...

RyanFavre

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Milwaukee
by the end of june

I'm thinking june 9th will be the day and i'm excited about it.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Again, this is what is announced to be discussed next week straight from Apple's website:
Apple Executives to Showcase Mac OS X Leopard and OS X iPhone Development Platforms at WWDC 2008 Keynote

CUPERTINO, California—May 13, 2008—Apple® today announced that a team of Apple executives, led by CEO Steve Jobs, will kick off the company’s annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) with a keynote address beginning at 10:00 a.m. on Monday, June 9, 2008 at San Francisco’s Moscone West. This year’s WWDC will showcase two revolutionary development platforms, the ground-breaking innovations of OS X Leopard® and OS X iPhone™, the world’s most advanced mobile operating system.