So should I bite the bullet and install iOS 6? In my iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Laylapotata, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Laylapotata

Laylapotata Member
    Bronze

After getting my old 3G totally hosed a couple years ago by 4.1 I'm scared shitless to do it again. How's it going for other 4 owners out there?

2. Jsims1

Jsims1 Member
    Bronze

I'm on a 3GS with io6 installed as I'm typing this. It's fine. I'm sure 4 will be fine too. But at the end of the day it's your call.

3. Kobel1up

Kobel1up Contributor
    Bronze

I had a flawless install on my 4. I will say this I used my macbook pro to download the file first then I installed the program. I did that because it was on release day and thought that would be the smartest move for me.
    I have only had a few issues with maps, 1 being it doesn't talk to me:ROFLMAO:, the other is Siri wont talk to me. Of course both of those things are to be expected because the 4 wasn't going to get those features.

4. John Tierney

John Tierney Heretic
    Bronze

If your JailBroke NO! If not, go ahead. Simple. ;)

5. Smarty2600

Smarty2600 Member
    Bronze

I have an iPod touch 4th gen which came out not last year(they only added the white faceplate) but the year before and while I have some annoyances with email overall performance is better than I expected for a single core device. It runs as zippy as before, except for the app store is a bit problematic, but I have heard of others having issues with that. Personally I would look up the features you'll get for the iPhone 4 and see if you want the update based on the features. But I don't think you will end up with a near broken phone if you update to iOS 6, so if you want I say go for it.

6. JanL

JanL Member
    Bronze

Downloaded iOS6 and I had two issue arise. First, I could not connect to wifi. It would redirect me to an Apple login page. The next day it worked fine. Second, none of the pictures I have assigned to contacts appear when that person is calling me. I don't have a clue how to fix this. Any suggestions would be great.