So the 2.0 update is going to cost $10.00?

May 12, 2007
Will that be just for v1 iPhone owners or will Apple charge people who buy the 3g iPhone for the new software update as well?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
The $10 fee is for iPod touch owners. V1 iPhones get the update for free. It will most likely come installed on V2.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Why is it that iPhone owners get all the updates free, but iPod Touch owners have to pay for them?

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
Because they paid less than iPhone users and they Apple don't make any money off then monthly like they do with the iPhone due to the contract?

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
I think its because, Apple "used" to make a profit from the iPhones, and its At&t plan
-but iTouchs can be bought and used without having an activation, and doesn't need data cause it has wi-fi

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I think its because, Apple "used" to make a profit from the iPhones, and its At&t plan
-but iTouchs can be bought and used without having an activation, and doesn't need data cause it has wi-fi
Thats basically what phsycology said, but thanks.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Mybad bro, I typed that from my HTC not my computer... So by the time it posted someone else had already answered it :(
-Yet another reason i need an iPhone :)

:( I wanna thanks tooo. . .

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Thats why Im getting a job lol! You don't think I'd work at McDonalds for fun? Haha!
-My parents both pay $100+ dollars a month for their Blackberries, and since the iPhones basic plan cost $60 dollars, coupled with the fact that their both on sprint it wasn't gonna happen :(
-Eventhough I don't have an iPhone "yet", Im just as knowledgeable as any other EIC'er :)

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Mybad bro, I typed that from my HTC not my computer... So by the time it posted someone else had already answered it :(
-Yet another reason i need an iPhone :)

:( I wanna thanks tooo. . .
Haha thats okay. And theres your thanks :)

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Did you just thank me for thanking you? Do I have to thank you, for thanking me, for thanking you? Hahaha. :laugh2:

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Haha thats okay. And theres your thanks :)
-My HTC is cool and all, but I think that it was meant to be just an e-mail and general messaging phone. When it comes to the internet or just data in general, it just cant compete with the iPhones- if this was a race my HTC couldnt even get into the qualifying round:p
-It take for ever to post cause even though the screen is big, it takes the website and kinda "shrinks-to-fit" -unlike the iphone- and it makes the posting space really small and hard to type with. And then cause my phone still uses "G" or as I've heard GPRS it takes forever to load EIC back up:p

As you may noticed by my new avatar, Ive just now started to have taken an interest in the iPhone 3G:laugh2:
-I take back all the negative things Ive said about it;)

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
-My HTC is cool and all, but I think that it was meant to be just an e-mail and general messaging phone. When it comes to the internet or just data in general, it just cant compete with the iPhones- if this was a race my HTC couldnt even get into the qualifying round:p
-It take for ever to post cause even though the screen is big, it takes the website and kinda "shrinks-to-fit" -unlike the iphone- and it makes the posting space really small and hard to type with. And then cause my phone still uses "G" or as I've heard GPRS it takes forever to load EIC back up:p

As you may noticed by my new avatar, Ive just now started to have taken an interest in the iPhone 3G:laugh2:
-I take back all the negative things Ive said about it;)
Oh. The iPhone is probably the best mobile internet device ever lol. And good job about taking all the things back :]

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Did you just thank me for thanking you? Do I have to thank you, for thanking me, for thanking you? Hahaha. :laugh2:
Yeah dude, Im also apart of a bodybuilding forum, and its a big thing to when you receive "reps" you return them ya kno?;)
-So usually when people thank me, I try to return the thanks:cool:

-Btw, I noticed your new avatar! What happened to your merc?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Yeah dude, Im also apart of a bodybuilding forum, and its a big thing to when you receive "reps" you return them ya kno?;)
-So usually when people thank me, I try to return the thanks:cool:

-Btw, I noticed your new avatar! What happened to your merc?
Ohh..if you wanna know I posted the whole story in the off topic what does your new avatar mean thing. Here's a link to make it easier for you since your on your HTC ;)

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/what-does-your-avatar-mean.7363/

Last edited by a moderator: