So, there's this girl I like and......

aknightstale41

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
My 2 cents...enjoy the relationship (used loosely here) for what it is/gives you. If you keep your focus of attention on your center in the midst of a decision, it will have a positive outcome. You two are young, laugh, cry, love, make mistakes,.... grow.
A quote from my favorite geek vulcan, Mr Spock, "You will come to realize that wanting is not the same as having".
Live long and prosper grasshopper (1 word to remember down the road...prenup heh:))

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Trey, I think Kelly is right. Dana may partly be right, but each person is an individual. Kelly is young, but she just got married. I also got married when I was only 23, and have been married for almost 15 years.

Not all women enjoy it when men pull back and ignore them. But being too clingy can be a turn-off.

I can tell you other things women like, but it is not appropriate on this forum...

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
Trey, I think Kelly is right. Dana may partly be right, but each person is an individual. Kelly is young, but she just got married. I also got married when I was only 23, and have been married for almost 15 years.

Not all women enjoy it when men pull back and ignore them. But being too clingy can be a turn-off.

I can tell you other things women like, but it is not appropriate on this forum...
Lol! I think a mistake many people make is that they overthink things into non-existence. Enjoy what you have, and if something is meant to happen it will! Don't pull away to "test" her, or do anything else to play games. "Just Be" lol. I think that was a calvin klein slogan in the 90s.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY

I agree with Lisa....

I have a "friend" and if he starts to ignore me, I pull back completely. Let him see what it's like. The minute I pull back for more than a few days, he comes running back.

But the fact that he "ignores" me....bugs the crap out of me and I will not chase a guy. If he wants me, he can chase me.

Then again, I'm 29 and I've done a lot of growing up. 22 is very, very young. When I was 22, I was afraid of a relationship because what if there was something better out there?

Elbacanazo920

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Bronx, NY
JUst keep doing what's working for you. If you put too much though into it you begin to analyze everything you do and she does. Just go with the flow.

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
I used to tell my male friends that in my opinion, most women can be pretty flighty before 24 or so. Nothing to back it up, just my personal opinion and observation. There will always be the Kelley exceptions - the truly mature and special girls - but I've met many more who are just flighty and don't know yet what they want. I'd be cautious before allowing my heart to get too involved with this girl. Anyone who deserves you is going to know and recognize what they've got, and not risk losing it with the mind games.

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
I used to tell my male friends that in my opinion, most women can be pretty flighty before 24 or so. Nothing to back it up, just my personal opinion and observation. There will always be the Kelley exceptions - the truly mature and special girls - but I've met many more who are just flighty and don't know yet what they want. I'd be cautious before allowing my heart to get too involved with this girl. Anyone who deserves you is going to know and recognize what they've got, and not risk losing it with the mind games.
Ah, you are so sweet! Btw, your avatar is tiny! You should pm me your email so I can send you the original file. (NM, its big now). I am not sure how the eyes got back to brown though? weird.

H

Hayesimus

I hate being led around. And friends with benefits is no way to go either. :S Kinda goin through that right now myself. :p Tell the girl you want to go on a date. If you are just the friend that she fools around with, then she may still be exploring other options because she thinks you are okay with it. Tell her you want to go out! Honesty is the best policy. If she doesn't agree, then she'd be a waste of your time anyway.

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
I forgot to add, Trey, that women will not always give you the respect that you deserve, but they will give you the respect that you demand. This doesn't mean that you verbally demand the respect, but that you don't allow yourself to be taken advantage of, used, or toyed with. If this begins happening, excuse yourself from the relationship. That is demanding respect.

bjenkin1

Oct 25, 2008
Dude...this chick is obviously just keeping you around for backup while she looks for something better...the only way you are going to get her is if she falls on her ass when she goes after the guy she really wants...My advice would be to enjoy it while it lasts...as soon as someone better looking comes along she is going to be out of there

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
dude i've been in a similar situation (very similar) and in my case, the girl turned out to be a terrible person.

i would suggest against it man. i know it's hard to just let something go like that but it might be for the best.

in my case i decided to try with her over and over and that was my problem.

HELPmepLox

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
So.Cal
nail and bail dude, haven't you seen the praying mantis mating vids :laugh2: you don't wanna be eaten trust me after i watch'd that shizz im never lettin that happen to me

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
dude i've been in a similar situation (very similar) and in my case, the girl turned out to be a terrible person.

i would suggest against it man. i know it's hard to just let something go like that but it might be for the best.

in my case i decided to try with her over and over and that was my problem.
agreed.

ten characters.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
You can lose a woman by leading her to believe that you really care for her. You CANNOT and WILL NOT lose a woman by ignoring her.

I know it sounds crazy, but try it.
COMPLETELY ignore her for a few days and see how she reacts. You will be pleasantly surprised.

I used to be the good guy too, Trey. I got tired of getting dumped, so I tried making things a little bit more......complex.,,,,for the women I liked.
it worked.
But someday you will find someone with whom you will NOT have to play games, and you will never go back.
But I assure you Sir, that person will not be 22 years of age.

Dana
I don't think I've seen a post on EIC with more truth to it.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX

wow, I definitely need to come around here more.