So wait, you cant text pictures with SMS?

NickT916

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
you supposedly can only email the pictures and cant txt them? or let me guess it will be with a 2.0.0 update?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
How many of these are we gonna get a day?

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
Ya really. I have seen so many of these during the short time I have been at iCafe.

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
How many of these are we gonna get a day?
Until we get MMS I think. Also did you know that the iPhone only has 1 speaker and 1 mic on the bottom! I know its INSANE! [/sarcasm]

:laugh2:

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
The thing is, in regards to the actual thread subject: No you can't. And neither can anyone else in the world. SMS does not support media.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
It's one of the most requested features (along with that dreaded Copy and Paste) but there's no telling when and if the iPhone will ever support it.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
most of us have just Lerner to work around it. I send all of my pics via email. Its not a big deal to me any more but at first yes it does suck.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
most of us have just Lerner to work around it. I send all of my pics via email. Its not a big deal to me any more but at first yes it does suck.
the problem is not everyone has email on their cell phones, and that's where a lot of people usually send pics taken with cell phones.

it's never been an issue for me, but i can see how it would be a PITA if i were the kind of person to do that a lot.

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
MMS is overrated its a terrible interface but like VHS its here for a while and as posted earlier not everyone has email capabilties on their phone. The fact is we can't even Bluetooth a pic to another phone or to your mac. Apple must fix these issues.........oh yeah and for heavens sake let us be able to forward a text. Like how much time would it take for Apple to fix this. I can't bring myself to admit to my wife that I spent 499 on a phone you can't forward a text on. Its technological embarrassment!

I for one don't care how many times a day people post their frustrations with these issues maybe Apple will take note of the their customer demands

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
MMS is overrated its a terrible interface but like VHS its here for a while and as posted earlier not everyone has email capabilties on their phone. The fact is we can't even Bluetooth a pic to another phone or to your mac. Apple must fix these issues.........oh yeah and for heavens sake let us be able to forward a text. Like how much time would it take for Apple to fix this. I can't bring myself to admit to my wife that I spent 499 on a phone you can't forward a text on. Its technological embarrassment!

I for one don't care how many times a day people post their frustrations with these issues maybe Apple will take note of the their customer demands
It is really embarrassing that I can't resend a text. That probably bothers me the most. That and a character counter. I used to always adjust what I wrote by seeing how many letters I had left. Now it's constant guess work whether I get it in under the cutoff. I still love the phone though. Probably because I know thses things are easily fixable and I EXPECT Apple to fix them at the very latest, June.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
It is really embarrassing that I can't resend a text. That probably bothers me the most. That and a character counter. I used to always adjust what I wrote by seeing how many letters I had left. Now it's constant guess work whether I get it in under the cutoff. I still love the phone though. Probably because I know thses things are easily fixable and I EXPECT Apple to fix them at the very latest, June.
well, we know almost for sure that 2.0 won't have that feature stock...

shame.

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
well, we know almost for sure that 2.0 won't have that feature stock...

shame.
themanofthedark. Why not? they added group sending so why not forwarding text and a character count? what makes you so sure this wont be in the stock update

goobs22xx

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
That and a character counter. I used to always adjust what I wrote by seeing how many letters I had left. Now it's constant guess work whether I get it in under the cutoff.
You must write some novels. I texted my wife our entire grocery list one time.

rennyn

Bronze
You must write some novels. I texted my wife our entire grocery list one time.
Agreed. Didn't even know there was a limit, I've sent multiple large paragraphs before just fine. Other iPhones receive them just fine and if someone else has an older phone with a short limit on SMS it will usually break them up.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX

actually you can forward a text if you are jailbroken, although in a very round about pain in the @ss way.

I've done this a couple times..Use the screenshot program to, well, take a screen shot and use the MMS workaround via email to send a picture message to someone's phone, and voila. 2 workarounds actually to forward a text to someone else.

Simple huh? ggrrrrr, yeah me neither. I love the iPhone but some things still do annoy the hell out of me!