so we CANT order at APPLE.COM on launch day?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
i asked that kolizion dude this

you mentiond earlier that online orders will not be takin place until a month after the iPhone relese. were you talking about other online distrubitors or Apple.com too? and if they are selling on APPLE.com on the 29th how would the whole 6 pm thing work ONLINE(and with the different timezones)? can you please shed some light to this?

and he said this. i don't get the first 2 sentences.
I believe the exact days before they will go on sale is 24. Do not qoute me on this as it will fall under how fast they can ready the next shipment. The iPhone will NOT be sold online at launch... if you want one, you must get one at a store. So please do not sit on your computers with the fingers on the clicker taking down the servers on the dawn of 29th.

so wtf? we cant order at Apple.com on the 29th? someone please call Apple and see whats up.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA

you mentiond earlier that online orders will not be takin place until a month after the iPhone relese. were you talking about other online distrubitors or Apple.com too? and if they are selling on APPLE.com on the 29th how would the whole 6 pm thing work ONLINE(and with the different timezones)? can you please shed some light to this?

I believe the exact days before they will go on sale is 24. Do not qoute me on this as it will fall under how fast they can ready the next shipment. The iPhone will NOT be sold online at launch... if you want one, you must get one at a store. So please do not sit on your computers with the fingers on the clicker taking down the servers on the dawn of 29th.

so wtf? we cant order at Apple.com on the 29th? someone please call Apple and see whats up.
It has been posted before that At&t.com wouldn't be able to sell the iPhone online for the first 30 after launch. Some have talked to Apple and been told they could order from Apple.com on the 29th but that phones wouldn't ship until the next Monday on 7/2.

So it's up to you whether you want to believe kolizion or not. What's it going to hurt if you check the site at 6 PM Pacific to see if they've changed the site.

adamjohn_98

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007

Just shootin' the breeze here, but I believe he was referring to not being able to purchase from cingular.com on the 29th

EDIT: Whoops, sorry Cols, didn't see your reply, sorry for the duplicate info.

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
Just shootin' the breeze here, but I believe he was referring to not being able to purchase from cingular.com on the 29th

EDIT: Whoops, sorry Cols, didn't see your reply, sorry for the duplicate info.
but yeah thats what i thought the first time he metinoned not being able to buy it online thats why i asked a SECOND time to reeasure and i specificly asked for APPLE.com and he once again didn't say whetehr he was talkin bout Apple.com or anywere else but he did say once again that you wont be able to buy online at all that day.

anyone have any idea what he was trying to say his first two sentences?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
but yeah thats what i thought the first time he metinoned not being able to buy it online thats why i asked a SECOND time to reeasure and i specificly asked for APPLE.com and he once again didn't say whetehr he was talkin bout Apple.com or anywere else but he did say once again that you wont be able to buy online at all that day.

anyone have any idea what he was trying to say his first two sentences?
I think he was trying to say, "it will be 24 days after launch before you can buy the iPhone from AT&T.com." I just can't think that Apple will miss the chance to sell hundreds of thousands of iPhones from their site on launch day and that weekend.

Jun 19, 2007
Here's what Apple.com says about sales on 29th

I just went to Apple.com and searched for iPhone. Here's what the Apple store comes back with:

"... the revolutionary combination of a mobile phone, widescreen iPod, and Internet communications device, is coming to the online Apple Store and retail Apple Stores on
June 29, 2007, with AT&T as the exclusive U.S. carrier partner. "

Sure sounds like they think they will be selling online on the 29th!

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
I just went to Apple.com and searched for iPhone. Here's what the Apple store comes back with:

"... the revolutionary combination of a mobile phone, widescreen iPod, and Internet communications device, is coming to the online Apple Store and retail Apple Stores on

alright thanks! wohho thats what i needed. i will most likely buy it online because my parents don't want to go to the Apple store because its too far away (like 25 mins)

adamjohn_98

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007

I knew I had read that somewhere, thanks!