So what does everyone think about iOS 9?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by rollinfromhell, Sep 16, 2015.

1. rollinfromhell

Gold

I updated from just a single update, no restore. Pretty laggy so far. I just reset my phone and gonna keep it off a few minutes and try again. What does everyone else think so far?

2. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

For me, so far, so good. I used my MBP to update my 5S using iTunes after having created a backup. Not having used/seen the betas, I'm still exploring ... It looks good so far.

Sadly, hoping to do the same for my iP2, it never backed up and now, it won't even boot up, much less allow me to back up and update. I has a sad ...

Well, I guess I'll have to get that 6S+ now ...

YMMV

#2 MrMike6by9, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  3. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

I'm updating OTA and says approx 3 hours. :(

Update: now 7 hours. lol

4. rollinfromhell

Gold

Use iTunes... it downloaded in like 3 minutes, and updated in a matter of 10 minutes.

5. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

I'm at work and don't have access to my iTunes.

6. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

OTA seemed unlikely to work for me. iTunes moved along rather quickly, all things considered.

7. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

OTA after 45 minute fail to update. Seems quicker but a bit jerky.

8. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

My nested folders are no longer nested!

9. Adriano73

Adriano73 Contributor
    Bronze

Yes always brings a tear to the eye when those little guys leave the nest.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

Just finished the update. About 45 minutes from start to finish. No problems so far. The first thing I noticed was the keyboard keys all changed from lower to upper case when caps are called for. Also, a double press of the home button brings up the running apps layered one on top of the other with a slight offset to the side rather than totally side by side. Time to go play!

11. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I locked myself out of my phone since I forgot my PIN.... so my iPhone is disabled for 5 minutes and then I can update through iTunes... on a similar note, how does WiFi sync work through iTunes? As it is right now, I have to connect my phone with the USB cable and I download apps... and then I have to click on "Apply" in order to sync them to the device. Is there not a faster way of syncing apps, photos, music, etc?

It was mentioned on here before about WiFi sync. I've already checked the box to "Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected" and "Sync with this phone over Wi-Fi."

Anything I am missing?

12. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I would never do an OTA update for a large annual update. I don't even like to use them for the incremental updates that we get throughout the year because they have a tendency to be more problematic.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

Phone updated... so far everything is running smooth. I'll report back any issues.

14. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

Couldn't change wallpapers on my iPhone 6+ right out of the update. But it eventually worked its way out. So far so good.

Love that there are now content blockers in Safari. Currently using Crystal. Free for a limited time. It's great.

Crystal - Block Ads, Browse Faster. by Dean Murphy
    https://appsto.re/us/Cat78.i

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  15. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I'm not impressed with the Spotlight Search addition. It's not anything I'll use.

16. NeilL

NeilL New Member

Updated my 5s from iTunes without any problems. Found that my Outlook mail client crashes on startup. I deleted and re-loaded the application, added my accounts back and it is working OK for me now.

17. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

Safari doesn't seem to be reloading pages and losing place on other forums/blogs with long continuous topics. Hooray.

18. Loquutis

Loquutis Contributor
    Bronze

My iPad and iPhone 5 both downloaded and installed in a flash (OTA). So far I'm seeing no issues. Can't yet figure out how to multitask with the split screen on my iPad though.

Come on Watch update!!!!!!!!!!

19. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

It took me three hours to update two iPhones and an iPad Air 2. I had to download App updates. There were 55 on my computer that I did not update in days, DH had a little more than that so that took a little while. I then had to backup all three devices and then update them individually.

I had a few hiccups on my own iPhone 6+ but a Hard reset fixed them so far. I had an issue taking a screenshot. When I attempted it, it kept cutting my iPhone off. Of course I had screen freeze a few times. The hard reset has seemed to fix this.

After the update on my iPhone and my DH's I had to do an iCloud backup as it says I never had one and I didn't want to wait until it did it overnight like it usually does. That took a few hours LOL!

I Love the New Wallpapers. Dummy me actually went searching for the animated wallpapers.....:( Where are the fish?! DUH that comes with the new iPhone you get next week honey!:D

I also Love the new folders in the native Photos App. The Selfies folder and The Screenshots folder both very helpful. I couldn't believe how many Selfies I have. :oops:

I like the new Siri Suggestion feature. Kinda Cool:cool:. Nearby and News are nice new features to have right there. I like it. I am getting used to the new setup when you double click the home button to display all your open Apps. This took a little getting used to but I got the hang of the new way to close the open Apps. NIce Job Apple (y)

Besides Selfie embarrassment this is a GR8 update. I'm loving what I have discovered so far.

~~Beginning of Rant~~ One thing I would like now more than ever and I've always wanted this....is a passcode/Touch ID security on the native Photos App which you can enable or disable. I know a lot of people don't want anything like this, but I do and there are others who would benefit from it and want it as well. Now the main reason I want this is because when I let folks look at my iPhone they ALWAYS go to the pictures without fail. Right now I'm looking kinda vain with over 230 Selfies in a folder that I didn't create. Plus I have other pics on there of friends and family that everyone does not need to scroll through. SO I usually monitor folks when they are checking out my iPhone.

The Messages App could use this feature as well. Geez :unsure: Lord knows I don't want people reading through a lot of my messages and or seeing the pics there. WOOSH! Bound to make your curlies curl. :rolleyes: ~~End rant~~

20. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

Updated most of my things...6+, 6, 5s, 4s. Smooth sailing all around. The News app took some getting used to, it kinda didn't show up in spotlight for a minute and then suddenly showed up as I was about to scroll back to the home screen. That's about the only wonky thing so far. Well, that and my iPhone's touchscreen stopped responding a few times when I was jumping around, but I'm used to that, since it's always done that.