So what games would you like to see?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Now that we know(think) 3rd party developers will start working with the SDK sometime early next year, what games would you like to see developed for the iPhone?

I was thinking the other day that I'd like to see a version of "golden tee". The arcade golf game with the white roller ball, ya know.

They could take a 1/3 of the screen and use that area for the roller ball and you could flick it on screen, something like that... I dunno, just an idea.

There are definitely a lot of other games I'd like to see, but this is the one that popped into my head the other day, and thought I'd use it to kick this thread off.

Lets hear it, do you simply want a re-make of an older game or do you have any new ideas?

Maybe some of the devs will visit this site and read some ideas, who knows.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
How about a pinball game that uses the accelerometer so you can control the ball a little like a real pinball game.

One of the reason most computer pinball games suck is you can't 'bump' the table.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Ohhh the Pinball machine would be awesome and I would be extremely giddy over the Golden Tee. I wouldn't really want anything else TOO intensive though. A native Pacman game would make me pretty happy. I've yet to even get my name on the scoreboard. :mad: Tetris is always fun too.

clausenfan

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
Now that we know(think) 3rd party developers will start working with the SDK sometime early next year, what games would you like to see developed for the iPhone?

I was thinking the other day that I'd like to see a version of "golden tee". The arcade golf game with the white roller ball, ya know.

They could take a 1/3 of the screen and use that area for the roller ball and you could flick it on screen, something like that... I dunno, just an idea.

There are definitely a lot of other games I'd like to see, but this is the one that popped into my head the other day, and thought I'd use it to kick this thread off.

Lets hear it, do you simply want a re-make of an older game or do you have any new ideas?

Maybe some of the devs will visit this site and read some ideas, who knows.
That would be so sweet, i ove golden tee arcade game. At my country club they have it set to free. Me and my friends played for like 3 hours

shawn

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
I'd be happy with some popular PDA games such as,:

"cut n' paste"
"Where am I?" (Made famous by Garmin and Magellan)
"Swap the battery"
"Super 3G downloading"
"Adventures with Drag and Drop"
....and the ever popular paste time, "Save as"

divabimbers

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Arizona
To be honest, I'd like to see Java implemented on the iPhone since one gaming site I go to uses it, Pogo. It'd be nice for when I'm on the bus, something I realized the last couple times I've gone out this week. Pinball would be nice as well as a DOS emulator if this is at all possible.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007

"cut n' paste"
"Swap the battery"
"Super 3G downloading"
:p.:p.:p.:p.:p

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I would like to see the Warcraft RTS on the iPhone, complete with online gameplay. I used to play this over a 56k online so EDGE is totally do-able :)

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
as long as it's fun, i don't care.

but if they don't get a decent Tetris game i'm going to lose my mind.

Tetris is the master of all games, ever. not even master chief could take on an unlimited number of blocks.

*another point: if they do make a Tetris, it better be UNLIMITED marathon because i'm tired of these Tetris games quitting after a certain level.

i actually complete the Tetris on the iPod, and that pissed me off.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Maybe a driving game that you could steer a virtual steering wheel with your thumb and maybe have two small pedal on one side of the screen for gas/brake with your other thumb, well, maybe that's going a bit far...

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
To be honest, I'd like to see Java implemented on the iPhone since one gaming site I go to uses it, Pogo. It'd be nice for when I'm on the bus, something I realized the last couple times I've gone out this week. Pinball would be nice as well as a DOS emulator if this is at all possible.
yes, I hope they add this in at some time also, I'd love to be able to get on flash enabled sites or java supported and play online games...

brianhyp

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007

"cut n' paste"
"Swap the battery"
"Super 3G downloading"
how about "Safari Flash"
Capcoms "file browser"
and of couse the ever popular
Atari's "mms messaging"