So WHEN IS the 2.0 Update Out?

CapriLaw

Jul 2, 2008
With all this hype over the iPhone 3G it seems Apple have forgotten about us users who just want the 2.0 update on our V1 iPhone!

First it was beginning of June, then rumoured 27th June, now rumoured 4th July...and then what! ....10th October 2099!?

Does anyone have any idea?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Most likely July 11th...the same time the iPhone 3G comes out.
Steve said in the keynote early July.

CapriLaw

Jul 2, 2008
Thats one thing ive learnt with Apple...never trust their deadlines!

CapriLaw

Jul 2, 2008
Loads of Hype...iPhone 2.0 promised June...its now July.

With regards to the SDK that was also delayed to developers, and even then constant updates were being delivered...not going to be synical though...better than no updates i guess.

...Still better than Microsoft

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Not sure where you got the 10th of October in 2009, but Apple has confirmed that the 2.0 software will be available at the same time iPhone 3G is.

- John

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Not sure where you got the 10th of October in 2009, but Apple has confirmed that the 2.0 software will be available at the same time iPhone 3G is.

- John
He said 2099 so he was kidding no doubt.

manishk123

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
With all this hype over the iPhone 3G it seems Apple have forgotten about us users who just want the 2.0 update on our V1 iPhone!

First it was beginning of June, then rumoured 27th June, now rumoured 4th July...and then what! ....10th October 2099!?

Does anyone have any idea?
I'm not too exited about it though. According to zibri it wont support installer so no free apps. Will have to decide whether its really worth it before upgrading.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I'm not too exited about it though. According to zibri it wont support installer so no free apps. Will have to decide whether its really worth it before upgrading.
Well, not a lot of apps arent free...

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Loads of Hype...iPhone 2.0 promised June...its now July.

With regards to the SDK that was also delayed to developers, and even then constant updates were being delivered...not going to be synical though...better than no updates i guess.

...Still better than Microsoft
I don't think they said 2.0 would be out in June. I think they said early July...

CapriLaw

Jul 2, 2008
Ah ok, i seem to remember from the keynote back in March early June.

We knew there would be another keynote June 6th, and it was portrayed as 2.0 update on 6th June, then annoucement of iPhone 3G not long after.

...I may be wrong.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank

We knew there would be another keynote June 6th, and it was portrayed as 2.0 update on 6th June, then annoucement of iPhone 3G not long after.

...I may be wrong.
I think people assumed it wouldve been on the 6th.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA

...I may be wrong.
they did say late June originally, but by the time the WWDC keynote came around, that date had been changed.

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
It would seem logical that the software update would be available a few days prior to the phone release. The servers at iTunes and the app store are going to be lit up like Christmas, New Year, July 4th, and Times Square! Getting the update out of the way would allow for a somewhat less chaotic transition.

Then again, who said logic played any part in all this...

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
Why in the world would Apple release the App Store before the iPhone is released?
It'd be stupid to provide tons of applications that'd enhance the device causing some to become satisfied with V1 and not buy V2