So when we do get SDK

Sep 29, 2007
When SDK is available will users be able to:

1. Jailbreak their phone + SDK
2. Able to download SDK apps via Installer

Now I know taking apps is against the law but on Installer there is copyright issues going on constantly with applications such as Showtime and etc with people editing them. Do you think when these Apps become released that certain developers will take the app and modify them not only making them free but also add twinks to make it even better? Or do you think the security with be heighted up even more.

So far I am not impressed with SDK except for how easy it is to develope the apps but I see more advancement in Jailbreaking than I do in SDK. SDK will be better as there will hundreds of thousands of Developers working on applications unlike the few thousand we have for Installer.App

My two cents of theday

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
You can bet that Zibri will have a solution for 2.0 when it gets here. I would think that jailbreaking will continue even after the SDK developers have their stuff out there. There will always be a market for jailbroken apps., costs, functions, and somebody will always find a better way.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
also there was an announcement I believe that the dev team was able to get their hands on the 2.0 firmware and already jailbroken it for people not using AT&T and its only a matter of time before they do okete the process and figure out how to jailbroken for those using AT&T as well. What this means is unclear but one can only hope it means we will be able to have both sdk apps as well as apps from installer.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
No doubt jailbreaking will continue, but it will be over for me. I've been jailbroken for several months now, but I can say for sure I'll be going stock come June.

- John