Apple Watch Sport
42mm Silver Aluminum Case
with Blue Sport Band

Apple4me

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ

That's the exact one that I am seriously considering :)

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using iCafe Forums

Last edited:

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
I won't know until they release the pricing model.

BuffNerd

Feb 4, 2015
This one looks good to me.

Last edited:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I've said all along that I won't get one, but I've been a watch person as long as I can remember and I'm starting to think I might cave and get it. I want this one:
image.jpg

47seijar

Zealot
Bronze
Oct 6, 2012
Denville, NJ
Screen Shot 2015-02-11 at 9.07.48 PM.png
I definitely want the 42mm. I'll start with the sport band and go from there. Like Europa, I have said I'll not be getting an Apple Watch. But alas, I feel my resolve weakening and, if I follow true to form, I will have one. Probably on Day 1 due to what a consumer/Apple whore I've become.

Last edited:

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
View attachment 40788 I definitely want the 42mm. I'll start with the sport band and go from there. Like Europa, I have said I'll not be getting an Apple Watch. But alas, I feel my resolve weakening and, if I follow true to form, I will have one. Probably on Day 1 due to what a consumer/Apple whore I've become.
Now that I look at the link bracelet in my OP again, I don't think I care for it. I may go with the sport band too - just looks more comfortable and secure. I hope apple is cool with exchanging bands if I don't care for one I get.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Now that I look at the link bracelet in my OP again, I don't think I care for it. I may go with the sport band too - just looks more comfortable and secure. I hope apple is cool with exchanging bands if I don't care for one I get.
People will likely end up with multiple bands for different settings, me for example, sports band for the gym and metal for the office :D

RBNetEngr

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 17, 2013
I'm still undecided on whether I will get an Watch. I've been a watch user since I was 6 years old, but I don't think I'm ready to have a watch that I need to charge every day. The last watch I had (still have) I bought in 1996, and other than replacing the watch band 4-5 times, and the battery maybe 6-7 times, I never had to do anything to it other than change the time at daylight saving time changes, or when it drifted from real time by more than 2-3 minutes (so, maybe twice a year).

I just recently bought a low cost Casio WaveCepter watch (regularly $40, clearance priced at $25) that syncs itself every night with thr NIST transmitted clock signal (WWVB), so it's always accurate to within one second. And it will change time automatically at the daylight saving time changes.

Sure, I can't send messages from it, or see CallerID info, pay with Pay, tap a message to another Watch user, etc. but I carry an iPhone with me all the time, and the Watch doesn't do too many things on its' own if it is not in close proximity to an iPhone, so at this point, my $300 or so can go toward something I need more urgently.

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
I am still trying to convince myself that I don't need one, but I am starting to waiver a little. I told myself I didn't need an iPad and I am on my 3rd one now and couldn't imagine a day wtihout one. I like the 42 mm black sport band model.

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
I'll take whichever one can last at least a day on one charge.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I heard they are removing some of health features from the Apple Watch. This was because they were having problems with consistency due to amount of hair, dryness and how tight the watch was worn.

This is just one of the reasons I changed my mind and decided I don't want one anymore.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I heard they are removing some of health features from the Apple Watch. This was because they were having problems with consistency due to amount of hair, dryness and how tight the watch was worn.

This is just one of the reasons I changed my mind and decided I don't want one anymore.
Interesting, so the health features were among those most important to you?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Interesting, so the health features were among those most important to you?
Nothing was really important to me. I've said all along that I don't want one, but started second guessing that last week. Now I'm back where I started and don't want it anymore. But yeah, I think the main point of it is health features (are we seriously going to text on them?) and they are already removing them since it doesn't work consistently. If it can't monitor my heart rate while I'm working out, what can it do that my iPhone can't? I really don't need to monitor my HR anyway. I just need my pace and mileage, which Runkeeper handles just fine with by relaying audio cues.

Do we know yet if it's waterproof? It's completly worthless to me if it isn't. I haven't had a non-waterproof watch since I was ten. I wouldn't have swum with the gold leather watch - it's too nice for that. I already have a swim watch that tracks my time and laps. But the sports model/should be waterproof and I'm not sure it will. I just wouldn't want to have to worry about rain, splashes, etc.