So which Apple Watch do you want?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by acosmichippo, Dec 14, 2014.

1. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

2. joice33

joice33 New Member

I need this one!
    Apple Watch Sport
    42mm Silver Aluminum Case
    with Blue Sport Band

3. Apple4me

Apple4me Evangelist
    Gold

[​IMG]

That's the exact one that I am seriously considering :)

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using iCafe Forums

#3 Apple4me, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I want this one:

Watch1995.jpg

And I'm hoping to get it free by upgrading from my iMac's OS from OS X Yosemite to System 7.5:

apple_watch_system_7_5.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

I won't know until they release the pricing model.

6. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

It looks like I got some time to decide

7. BuffNerd

BuffNerd New Member

This one looks good to me.

#7 BuffNerd, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  8. BuffNerd

BuffNerd New Member

Me too, except without the jellyfish.

9. iByron

iByron Member
    Bronze

18k gold one

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I've said all along that I won't get one, but I've been a watch person as long as I can remember and I'm starting to think I might cave and get it. I want this one:
    image.jpg

11. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

Screen Shot 2015-02-11 at 9.07.48 PM.png I definitely want the 42mm. I'll start with the sport band and go from there. Like Europa, I have said I'll not be getting an Apple Watch. But alas, I feel my resolve weakening and, if I follow true to form, I will have one. Probably on Day 1 due to what a consumer/Apple whore I've become.

#11 47seijar, Feb 11, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  12. zavanna

zavanna New Member

Still I can't decide which one to choose.

13. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

Now that I look at the link bracelet in my OP again, I don't think I care for it. I may go with the sport band too - just looks more comfortable and secure. I hope apple is cool with exchanging bands if I don't care for one I get.

14. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

People will likely end up with multiple bands for different settings, me for example, sports band for the gym and metal for the office :D

15. RBNetEngr

RBNetEngr Contributor
    Bronze

I'm still undecided on whether I will get an Watch. I've been a watch user since I was 6 years old, but I don't think I'm ready to have a watch that I need to charge every day. The last watch I had (still have) I bought in 1996, and other than replacing the watch band 4-5 times, and the battery maybe 6-7 times, I never had to do anything to it other than change the time at daylight saving time changes, or when it drifted from real time by more than 2-3 minutes (so, maybe twice a year).

I just recently bought a low cost Casio WaveCepter watch (regularly $40, clearance priced at $25) that syncs itself every night with thr NIST transmitted clock signal (WWVB), so it's always accurate to within one second. And it will change time automatically at the daylight saving time changes.

Sure, I can't send messages from it, or see CallerID info, pay with Pay, tap a message to another Watch user, etc. but I carry an iPhone with me all the time, and the Watch doesn't do too many things on its' own if it is not in close proximity to an iPhone, so at this point, my $300 or so can go toward something I need more urgently.

16. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

I am still trying to convince myself that I don't need one, but I am starting to waiver a little. I told myself I didn't need an iPad and I am on my 3rd one now and couldn't imagine a day wtihout one. I like the 42 mm black sport band model.

17. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

I'll take whichever one can last at least a day on one charge.

18. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I heard they are removing some of health features from the Apple Watch. This was because they were having problems with consistency due to amount of hair, dryness and how tight the watch was worn.

This is just one of the reasons I changed my mind and decided I don't want one anymore.

19. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Interesting, so the health features were among those most important to you?

20. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Nothing was really important to me. I've said all along that I don't want one, but started second guessing that last week. Now I'm back where I started and don't want it anymore. But yeah, I think the main point of it is health features (are we seriously going to text on them?) and they are already removing them since it doesn't work consistently. If it can't monitor my heart rate while I'm working out, what can it do that my iPhone can't? I really don't need to monitor my HR anyway. I just need my pace and mileage, which Runkeeper handles just fine with by relaying audio cues.

Do we know yet if it's waterproof? It's completly worthless to me if it isn't. I haven't had a non-waterproof watch since I was ten. I wouldn't have swum with the gold leather watch - it's too nice for that. I already have a swim watch that tracks my time and laps. But the sports model/should be waterproof and I'm not sure it will. I just wouldn't want to have to worry about rain, splashes, etc.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List