So who's holding off on the update?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Me. I need more info on this update and iPhoneringtonemaker before I do anything. The creator says it does not work, someone reported it did. Totally waiting.

mrgisriel

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
I am also waiting, I want iPhoneringtonemaker to work before I do anything, none of the updates Apple posted were 'that' important for me to update.

Derek Gisriel

Clayfree

Jul 3, 2007
I'm waiting also. When iBricker works wit 1.1.1 then I will upgrade. Right now all the great 3rd party apps outweigh anything Apple gave us in 1.1.1

Go go gadget iPhone Dev Team!

skinsgamer

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
I updated as soon I as knew it wasn't going to kill my phone. I like my apps and customization but the stock phone is still sexy as hell. And new versions of unlocking software will be here in a week or two so I'll take the new features.

Hi-Phone

Jul 5, 2007
I updated as soon I as knew it wasn't going to kill my phone. I like my apps and customization but the stock phone is still sexy as hell. And new versions of unlocking software will be here in a week or two so I'll take the new features.
Yes same for me as well! None of the updates so far have been worth it to update and do the whole process of getting all the apps again. there's only time ahead of us at this moment.

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
Waiting

I'm going to wait a couple of days and see if mods can be done again.

I do want to check out the iTunes store.....oh the temptation!

rasputinj

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I am waiting I have not seen anything on 1.1.1 convincing me to give up my mods for. Hopefully it can be hacked again in a couple of days.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
There is no way that I will update my software until there is a good reason. I value my applications too much to update. This problem concerns a lot of people because they want to modify their phone by installing applications that cover what Apple did not (task list, voice recorder). It irritates me to no end that instead of trying to satisfy their customers needs by adding these needed applications, they shut them down. I know that people in the know at Apple read these forums, and to them I say......

I know that there is a need to make decisions in order to protect certain aspects of the iPhone. People can't be walking around with phones unlocked to use T-mobile. I have been extremely disappointed in Apple because they have come out with some updates that only interest Apple's bank accounts and do not strive to satisfy their customers. For instance, a third party had the ability to create a voice recorder. Apple makes no attempt to come out with any helpful update like this. A third party had the ability to create a task list. And Apple makes no attempt to come out with a helpful update. Why should third parties work harder than you to satisy the needs of YOUR customers. The people in this forum have been voicing their concerns about things like these apps, and cut and paste, since this phone was released. Apple has not satisfied these needs in a timely matter. Third parties starting filling in the voids and you shut them down with updates that do not add any useful applications. If a third party can make these applications in the short amount of time that this phone has been on the market, I have to believe that Apple could as well, and they choose not to.

Members of this community who agree that Apple should take better care of existing customers will agree with me by Thanking me in this post.

I hope that there will be a large amount of people who agree with me. I also hope that Apple will see how much people want helpful applications soon! Like I said, if a third party can make them this quickly, what is stopping the people at Apple?

Vpeach

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I was in the process of downloading the install, but when I read that it took off the 3rd party apps...I unplugged my phone so fast that I feared I messed it up. But nope, it is safe...<yay>

I will wait until ibrickr is ready to handle the new update. I need NES, IM and iflickr!

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Don't forget to mention, that all the people that have offered all these wonderful third party Apps, have given their time and hard work for FREE! I think Apple just slapped all of those 3rd party App creators in the face today. Apple should realize, that since they have not offered any usable Apps, the 3rd party Apps are also helping to sell iPhones. Apple's thanks to them is to shut them down. If all these 3rd party App creators could create such wonderful, usable Apps. Why can't Apple provide a substantial update? Or at least, LEAVE THE THIRD PARTY APPs ALONE!

tomlasc

Sep 28, 2007
i'm sure the update that will be truly worth it to everyone would be the flash and copy and paste function-update.

or...even, as we all see it coming,
apple-approved apps.
iChat Mobile?

but for right now, some of you may definitely love the tweaks and wifi music store,

but i think i would just rather buy my music off my mac and have apptap.

just me personally.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I'm waiting too.....I love my modded phone, it's unique and can do so much more than just what this update has to offer.

ZodiacfreaK

Bronze
Jan 11, 2007
Members of this community who agree that Apple should take better care of existing customers will agree with me by Thanking me in this post.
Tricky tricky! Nice way to boost your "thank count". Frankly that solves nothing except builds your ego.

*Steps onto fire*

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Tricky tricky! Nice way to boost your "thank count". Frankly that solves nothing except builds your ego.

*Steps onto fire*

thank YOU sir!

Anyways, i can't complain about Apple not releasing new functions/applications. I bought the iPhone because it's a GREAT piece of technology for the price (after the drop) right out of the box. The possibility of/need for software additions in the future didn't really weigh in my decision. Would it be nice? Hell yeah. It WAS one of their main selling points at the unveiling after all...

although, as has already been mentioned, there is NO reason whatsoever to completely shutdown the 3PAs. If you want to be laissez faire about developing more useful tools, at least let other people do it for you. Talk about ego trips...

Aug 16, 2007
Silver Spring, MD
kinda mad at myself for doin the update now lol. my job and the apartment are the only places i'm around with wireless so it was pointless for me to lose my 3rd part apps. it is kool tho to have iTunes on the phone but such is life. the apps will be updated again soon:oops: