So why did you decide/not decide to get an Apple Watch?

CASEACE79

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 29, 2009
Other than it being a cool new Apple device for me to play with and flaunt around I am really looking forward to the convenience of the watch. I work for a medical supply company and deliver all kinds of medical equipment and am on the road a lot. All of my orders come in via txt message and receive numerous calls a day. Not having to pull my phone out of my pocket while driving (guilty), when my hands are full, or while talking to a nurse in a facility will be a godsend. Why did you decide/not decide to get an Apple Watch?

Sassytallsista

Contributor
Bronze
May 22, 2010
Texas
I ordered one... The deciding factor for me was that I can finally set my phone down during meetings... Grabbing my big ol 6 plus every couple of min seems kinda rude...add to that I can have my activity tracker, txt, time weather on one wearable device frees up some arm space for tats

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
Thought about buying one for a while but decided against it because of the expense, poor battery life and it's no problem for me to remove my iPhone from its belt clip to view it.

UKfan643

Jan 12, 2011
Haven't bought one yet but I will. I was hoping to be able to go into a store mid-May to get one but I'm worried they may not have stock by then.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I'm going to get one. I am thinking mid May. I just want to see the initial stuff from the early adopters. Make sure bands and that kind of thing hold up

CASEACE79

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 29, 2009
Haven't bought one yet but I will. I was hoping to be able to go into a store mid-May to get one but I'm worried they may not have stock by then.
Yeah an internal memo was leaked that purchase in store wouldn't be likely till June. Sucks for those who didn't preorder.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
I'm still trying to understand the need for an Apple Watch. I simply don't get it. Maybe once more people have it, and I get to see it in action, I might understand a little better.
But, to be honest, I can't EVER see myself 'talking' into a watch, or reading text messages etc. I'm not Michael Knight you know :)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'm still trying to understand the need for an Apple Watch. I simply don't get it. Maybe once more people have it, and I get to see it in action, I might understand a little better.
But, to be honest, I can't EVER see myself 'talking' into a watch, or reading text messages etc. I'm not Michael Knight you know :)
This pretty much sums up how I feel. Maybe I'll change my mind in the future, but right now I think I would feel weird holding my wrist up to talk or read messages. My phone does these things better and I always have it with me.

The only temptation with the watch for me right now is the health apps. Runkeeper on my phone works great for tracking activities, but a watch would be more visible during workouts. It's certainly nothing I need, though.

Having to remember to charge it so often sounds like a hassle. I also don't like that it's not waterproof. Additonally, I don't really like any of the bands. I prefer leather bands with stitching. The Apple leather bands are disappointing and look too processed.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
They need a gold titanium alloy, so it won't freeze up altitudes over 50,000 feet.... I may wait for technology to catch up with my needs. I really do have a watch - gadget fetish. So this is best of both worlds for me. I'm getting one. I just want to wait and see how the real public deals with it. I don't trust all these early reviews. I need real world every day people reviews. :)

Mthoroughbred

Zealot
Silver
Dec 16, 2008
I ordered the 42mm space gray with black band sport watch and the reason I ordered one is because I want one plain and simple. It's not going to be a life changer for me. I don't need it, I just want it