So why did you decide/not decide to get an Apple Watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by CASEACE79, Apr 14, 2015.

1. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Contributor
    Bronze

Other than it being a cool new Apple device for me to play with and flaunt around I am really looking forward to the convenience of the watch. I work for a medical supply company and deliver all kinds of medical equipment and am on the road a lot. All of my orders come in via txt message and receive numerous calls a day. Not having to pull my phone out of my pocket while driving (guilty), when my hands are full, or while talking to a nurse in a facility will be a godsend. Why did you decide/not decide to get an Apple Watch?

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

The main reason I didn't get the watch is because I already have my iPhone out 24/7 at least for now. When I get a full career that may change, but my phone is still there to glance at.

3. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

Saving up for a new car. lol

4. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

I retired almost 3 years ago and prefer not to wear a watch.
    Much less a $400-500 one!!

5. Sassytallsista

Sassytallsista Contributor
    Bronze

I ordered one... The deciding factor for me was that I can finally set my phone down during meetings... Grabbing my big ol 6 plus every couple of min seems kinda rude...add to that I can have my activity tracker, txt, time weather on one wearable device frees up some arm space for tats

6. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

Thought about buying one for a while but decided against it because of the expense, poor battery life and it's no problem for me to remove my iPhone from its belt clip to view it.

7. UKfan643

UKfan643 New Member

Haven't bought one yet but I will. I was hoping to be able to go into a store mid-May to get one but I'm worried they may not have stock by then.

8. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

I'm going to get one. I am thinking mid May. I just want to see the initial stuff from the early adopters. Make sure bands and that kind of thing hold up

9. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

I was heavily debating getting one, but with the impending zombie apocalypse I decided to buy a gun instead.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Contributor
    Bronze

Yeah an internal memo was leaked that purchase in store wouldn't be likely till June. Sucks for those who didn't preorder.

11. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

I'm still trying to understand the need for an Apple Watch. I simply don't get it. Maybe once more people have it, and I get to see it in action, I might understand a little better.
    But, to be honest, I can't EVER see myself 'talking' into a watch, or reading text messages etc. I'm not Michael Knight you know :)

12. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

I'm his Evil Twin Garth....

13. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

One week...

image.jpg

14. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

This pretty much sums up how I feel. Maybe I'll change my mind in the future, but right now I think I would feel weird holding my wrist up to talk or read messages. My phone does these things better and I always have it with me.

The only temptation with the watch for me right now is the health apps. Runkeeper on my phone works great for tracking activities, but a watch would be more visible during workouts. It's certainly nothing I need, though.

Having to remember to charge it so often sounds like a hassle. I also don't like that it's not waterproof. Additonally, I don't really like any of the bands. I prefer leather bands with stitching. The Apple leather bands are disappointing and look too processed.

15. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

Never understood the fascination with the Apple Watch.

Just not interested.

16. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Cause they didn't have gold.

17. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

They need a gold titanium alloy, so it won't freeze up altitudes over 50,000 feet.... I may wait for technology to catch up with my needs. I really do have a watch - gadget fetish. So this is best of both worlds for me. I'm getting one. I just want to wait and see how the real public deals with it. I don't trust all these early reviews. I need real world every day people reviews. :)

18. Mthoroughbred

Mthoroughbred Contributor
    Silver

I ordered the 42mm space gray with black band sport watch and the reason I ordered one is because I want one plain and simple. It's not going to be a life changer for me. I don't need it, I just want it

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch Zealot
    Silver

I have an iPhone. And a watch.

20. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

That is the best and most honest reason in the world!

Remember, the one with the most toys when he dies, WINS!!!!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List