So you can wash your earphones

meltd0wn

Bronze
Feb 23, 2008
Did the washing yesterday and found my earphones from my fone at the bottom of the washer

pulled em out dried them out and presto they still work mic and all

and yay happy birthday to me :p

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Did the washing yesterday and found my earphones from my fone at the bottom of the washer

Better your earphones than the iPhone itself :eek:

Happy birthday!

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
Well first...HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And second I guess it can happen but I wouldn't encourage it to anyone. I think that its just luck on the person if the headphones servive washing in a washing machiine.:):)

meltd0wn

Bronze
Feb 23, 2008
its not a good idea to have a heart attack like that though im not sure where i can pick up another pair here in australia the cost would break me :S

nice to know that they made them well though :p

goheels42

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Connecticut 860
I can 2nd this, left mine in my sweatpants after leaving the gym, wife through them in the wash, I realized it that night when I was looking for them, grabbed them out of the wash, and they still work fine.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
better washed than lost (i lost mine and i'm sure they work fine, for someone else)

ninjashoes

Mar 4, 2008
doesent rubbing alcohol break down earwax?

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007

Mine have ben washed AND dried on medium heat at least twice. They still work.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Half-strength hydrogen peroxide (H202) is supposed to be less irritating to ears and buds alike.
Lol, this is what I use in my left ear because I that canal is smaller than my right ear's. It doesn't help I chew on my right side, so yeh... If I don't douse a little H202 down my ear every month I'm in a WORLD of hurt 3 months later.

I told my doctor I clean regularly because I was embarrassed at the gravy she pulled out of there last visit, but she tells me its a sign of vitality. Apparently you make "less" wax the older you get, lol.

Anyway, the rule of thumb with electronics is that as long as ther isn't an active electrical current to short, you can pretty much give anything a bath. I spilled coke on my nintendo once and just let it soak in my sink of hot water and dishwashing soap (the kind that doesn't leave spots). Let it sit for a week to dry out (this is the most important step), and was back in action with a fully functioning, and clean, nintendo!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I did this a while back and my right bud only works if twisted at a certain angle, but the left one and mic are fully functional. Happy Birthday!

- John