So you ordered an X...how are you going to carry her?

ednygma

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 9, 2009
Louisville, KY
So the race to pre-order is well on it's way. When you get your new X how are you going to carry her?

Will she go naked (naughty, naughty, naughty) or will you giver her a new set of cases to protect her? If so, what kind of case do you prefer? I will most likely go with a Tech21 clear but listening for other options.

Will you protect her skin with a screen protector? If so, what kind is your preference? In the past I have stuck with Zagg but interested in what options others prefer.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
When I pre-ordered I also bought a saddle brown leather case, I’ve been using the Apple leather cases for the last couple of iPhones and they do what I need them to. Once they come out I will get a LifeProof case for it for beach days.

Keukawater

Bronze
Sep 10, 2014
With my 7 Plus I've been using the Peel ultra thin case and I really like it a lot. It's about as close to naked as I dare go. I ordered a Spigen case from Amazon a few weeks ago, as well as a Totallee case, so I'll try those and see what I like best. I've been using a plus sized phone since the release of the 6 Plus, so I wonder how I'll adjust to the smaller physical size. I'm a phone dropper (at least 3 times a week), so I think I'll start out with the thicker Spigen case.

ednygma

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 9, 2009
Louisville, KY
Here is a video showing several cases on the 8 working with wireless charging:

Interestingly, the only case that failed in their test was a leather folio type case (not Apple's version though).

On Apple's website they state that their leather folio case for the X will not need to be taken off for wireless charging.

up10ad

Genius
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
Fruita , CO
up10ad.com
Apple saddle brown leather case. Mindi spoils me.
I too was swayed by Mindi to get one and have used my Apple saddle brown on my 7 Plus for the entire year. It is thoroughly aged, blemished and beautiful. I'm changing it up this year but not sure just how, so for now I have a Caseology [Skyfall Series] Case for iPhone X - Slim Design Clear Transparent Protective Scratch Resistant Air Space Cushion Cover - (Black) on the way, along with a Caseology [Tempered Glass - Case Friendly] Ultra Slim HD Clear 9H Anti-Scratch Film for Apple iPhone X (2017) Only - 2 Pack to protect the glass. It says tempered glass but also says film so we'll see how it goes.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
With my 7 Plus I've been using the Peel ultra thin case and I really like it a lot. It's about as close to naked as I dare go. I ordered a Spigen case from Amazon a few weeks ago, as well as a Totallee case, so I'll try those and see what I like best. I've been using a plus sized phone since the release of the 6 Plus, so I wonder how I'll adjust to the smaller physical size. I'm a phone dropper (at least 3 times a week), so I think I'll start out with the thicker Spigen case.
The thicker more protective case would be better, since the back of the X is glass.

dadapaku

Oct 28, 2017

mbairguy

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 8, 2012
Birmingham, AL
UAG also on my iPad Pro; one of few cases that allow use with Smart Keyboard. The iPhone case looks beefy but it is remarkably light. Also have a clearer version if you want the back to show through.

I am also buying a Zizo case to use when hunting; easier to hold with gloves on, and has a clip. Looking forward to face recognition to unlock as print don’t work well through gloves

Attachments

ednygma

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 9, 2009
Louisville, KY
You all convinced me to switch from tech21 to a UAG Monarch Carbon version. I ordered a new tech21 for my 6+ which my 81 yr old Mom is getting to replace her 5s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk