So you ordered an X...how are you going to carry her?

Discussion in 'iPhone X' started by ednygma, Oct 27, 2017.

1. ednygma

ednygma Contributor
    Bronze

So the race to pre-order is well on it's way. When you get your new X how are you going to carry her?

Will she go naked (naughty, naughty, naughty) or will you giver her a new set of cases to protect her? If so, what kind of case do you prefer? I will most likely go with a Tech21 clear but listening for other options.

Will you protect her skin with a screen protector? If so, what kind is your preference? In the past I have stuck with Zagg but interested in what options others prefer.

2. shutter13

shutter13 Evangelist
    Gold

When I pre-ordered I also bought a saddle brown leather case, I’ve been using the Apple leather cases for the last couple of iPhones and they do what I need them to. Once they come out I will get a LifeProof case for it for beach days.

3. brdmsd

brdmsd Member
    Bronze

Wonder whether the wireless charger will work with a leather case?

4. Keukawater

Keukawater Member
    Bronze

With my 7 Plus I've been using the Peel ultra thin case and I really like it a lot. It's about as close to naked as I dare go. I ordered a Spigen case from Amazon a few weeks ago, as well as a Totallee case, so I'll try those and see what I like best. I've been using a plus sized phone since the release of the 6 Plus, so I wonder how I'll adjust to the smaller physical size. I'm a phone dropper (at least 3 times a week), so I think I'll start out with the thicker Spigen case.

5. ednygma

ednygma Contributor
    Bronze

Here is a video showing several cases on the 8 working with wireless charging:

Interestingly, the only case that failed in their test was a leather folio type case (not Apple's version though).

On Apple's website they state that their leather folio case for the X will not need to be taken off for wireless charging.

6. mbairguy

mbairguy Contributor
    Bronze

UAG Monarch Case and Zagg Glass+ HD for screen... (UAG saved my iPh7+ as it bounced down the road at 45 mph...skid marks on my trunk lid...)
    IMG_1326.JPG

7. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Apple saddle brown leather case. Mindi spoils me.

8. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

I too was swayed by Mindi to get one and have used my Apple saddle brown on my 7 Plus for the entire year. It is thoroughly aged, blemished and beautiful. I'm changing it up this year but not sure just how, so for now I have a Caseology [Skyfall Series] Case for iPhone X - Slim Design Clear Transparent Protective Scratch Resistant Air Space Cushion Cover - (Black) on the way, along with a Caseology [Tempered Glass - Case Friendly] Ultra Slim HD Clear 9H Anti-Scratch Film for Apple iPhone X (2017) Only - 2 Pack to protect the glass. It says tempered glass but also says film so we'll see how it goes.

#8 up10ad, Oct 27, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  9. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

The thicker more protective case would be better, since the back of the X is glass.

10. ednygma

ednygma Contributor
    Bronze

I am going to have to give that case a look over. Thanks for the tip.

11. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I already bought 2 cases one for my son Adidas and an incipio with gold sparkles . I ordered of course the saddle leather case.
    No screen film!!! I have a charger but did order another one. I am really looking for a car option?
    But @ednygma refers to "her" it's my baby

12. dadapaku

dadapaku New Member

With my 7 Plus I've been using the Peel ultra thin case and I really like it a lot. It's about as close to naked as I dare go. I ordered a Spigen case from Amazon a few weeks ago, as well as a Totallee case, so I'll try those and see what I like best. I've been using a plus sized phone since the release of the 6 Plus, so I wonder how I'll adjust to the smaller physical size. I'm a phone dropper (at least 3 times a week), so I think I'll start out with the thicker Spigen case.

13. mbairguy

mbairguy Contributor
    Bronze

UAG also on my iPad Pro; one of few cases that allow use with Smart Keyboard. The iPhone case looks beefy but it is remarkably light. Also have a clearer version if you want the back to show through.

I am also buying a Zizo case to use when hunting; easier to hold with gloves on, and has a clip. Looking forward to face recognition to unlock as print don’t work well through gloves

Attached Files:

14. ednygma

ednygma Contributor
    Bronze

You all convinced me to switch from tech21 to a UAG Monarch Carbon version. I ordered a new tech21 for my 6+ which my 81 yr old Mom is getting to replace her 5s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. mbairguy

mbairguy Contributor
    Bronze

My 80 yr old Mom has my 6+ and iPad 3...Our Moms have good sons

16. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

17. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

With the grace and masculinity of a person of my stature.

#17 Napoleon PhoneApart, Oct 28, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. Baller

Baller Member
    Bronze

they look like good cases...can you still charge wirelessly with them?

19. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Contributor
    Bronze

Now how is he supposed to test such a thing without the phone in hand. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

20. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

Lol I’ll let you know. Personally I don’t care as I won’t be using that feature.