Soccer

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
That could've easily finished 3-0 to City. They played very well and I think only a bit of nerves kept them from winning by more. Great win for them, and well deserved.

I'm not a City fan but I think they deserve to win the title now - for the quality of their play and for beating United twice, convincingly, this season.

Reisdennis62

Bronze
Oct 11, 2010
Livingston, Ca
Sir Alex ferguson got the starting line up all wrong. Valencia, a key player who has been making a great difference on the right hand side was benched until the last few minutes. Park didn't do much either and the formation before half time was terrible. Over all bad management today by ferguson.

Real Madrid_MUFC

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
That could've easily finished 3-0 to City. They played very well and I think only a bit of nerves kept them from winning by more. Great win for them, and well deserved.

I'm not a City fan but I think they deserve to win the title now - for the quality of their play and for beating United twice, convincingly, this season.
United were punished. The team, in my opinion were a complete let down. The managers of both teams were an utter disgrace.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
United were punished. The team, in my opinion were a complete let down. The managers of both teams were an utter disgrace.
Yeah United were disappointing from the get-go. From boring everyone behind the ball tactics to getting nearly completely dominated all over the pitch. Honestly think it coulda / shoulda been a bigger scoreline.

I didn't think the managers were that bad at all. They had that heated exchange, but in a match of this magnitude I think that's fair enough. They didn't have multiple spats or get too out of hand. I agree with a BBC pundit I saw who said it was good to see Mancini stand his ground and give some back to Ferguson, as too many managers are intimidated by him. Bet the City fans loved that too.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Yeah, but after Mancini saying that this match was a game and not a war...!?

Needless to say, Manu as team played terrible. Again. Let's hope these last few games throw an unexpected outcome, if not, City finally get a decent trophy.

(we have won it a few times before :p )

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Yeah, but after Mancini saying that this match was a game and not a war...!?

Needless to say, Manu as team played terrible. Again. Let's hope these last few games throw an unexpected outcome, if not, City finally get a decent trophy.

(we have won it a few times before :p )
Well, it's as they say, John, too much of a good thing is bad. Let them win it this time. :D

iHolophyte

Contributor
Bronze
Feb 19, 2012
Manchester UK
www.youtube.com
2012 forget the end of the world (Mayans)

but the beginning of Manchester City and their domination of the premier league for the next 20 years!

iHolophyte

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
2012 forget the end of the world (Mayans)

but the beginning of Manchester City and their domination of the premier league for the next 20 years!

iHolophyte
Or till that rich gulf dude decides to give up or gets bankrupt, which I expect would happen soon since most of the gulf is all about oil, which is going to end soon, and no production. ;)

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Even thou we didn't win anything this year, I'm still so proud to be an inter Milan fan, thanks to my dad :)

This was Maicon goal tonight vs AC Milan

Reisdennis62

Bronze
Oct 11, 2010
Livingston, Ca
yes I'm not a big fan of seria a but I had to watch this match. Maicons goal was bada**

Real Madrid_MUFC

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
It's going dow to the last game, that's for sure. I was kind of hoping that we would beat Swansea 12-0 yesterday...

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Even thou we didn't win anything this year, I'm still so proud to be an inter Milan fan, thanks to my dad :)

This was Maicon goal tonight vs AC Milan

That' about the most understated commentary / call for a magnificent goal I think I've ever heard. I say drug test those commentators after the match.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
It's going dow to the last game, that's for sure. I was kind of hoping that we would beat Swansea 12-0 yesterday...
No offense John. I'm not a City or a United fan, but just as a neutral and a big Premier League fan I hope City wrap it up next weekend. I think they deserve it from just about any angle you look at it. They're a great team with a number of outstanding players; Mancini is a very good manager, and they've done what any new champion should be able to do: they have beaten the current champion head-to-head. They've beaten United twice this year - soundly both times.

And I know people can say things about how they may have bought the title, but really what's new? Football and sports in general have been big businesss for a long time now.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
That' about the most understated commentary / call for a magnificent goal I think I've ever heard. I say drug test those commentators after the match.
It would've been better if it was the Spanish dude, that's for sure.
It was even better watching it life, at that point inter had already killed the chances of AC Milan for the title, juventus fans were already celebrating the scudetto in Trieste, that goal put an end to Milan but gave us a more hope for next's week game for the last spot in the champions league. This was also Ivan Ramiro cordoba last game with inter, 13 years in black and blue, vice captain for 10 years, a piece of history with inter that will never be forgotten. Then there's stramaccioni, the primavera coach who has been doing great, 9 games with 5 W 3 D and 1 L, at 39 he's here to stay, same story as DiMatteo, and he's just as valuable to us even thou we didn't win any trophy's this here after winning everything on the last 7.
Now one last game this Sunday for a spot in the competition that matters most, I'm hopeful, but either way I know next year we'll do better.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Did you guys see the Ben Arfa goal vs Blackburn? Holy smokes ( I know, who says that anymore)