Soft Upgrade 1.1.3 / Official 1.1.3 Upgrader?

catsalleyt

Bronze
Jan 26, 2008
Paloma, California
Hi
Im ready to upgrade to a 1.1.3 (with Nate True). When he says install 1.1.3 Soft upgrade(with installer) would that be the same as the OFFICIAL 1.1.3 UPGRADER (with the installer)? don't want to assume...
Thanks Catsalleyt

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Hi
Im ready to upgrade to a 1.1.3 (with Nate True). When he says install 1.1.3 Soft upgrade(with installer) would that be the same as the OFFICIAL 1.1.3 UPGRADER (with the installer)? don't want to assume...
Thanks Catsalleyt
No, that's not the same thing. Nate's version, AFAIK, is no longer on Installer.

The version you see is the dev team version. That has gotten much better since its first release. So if you use that one make sure it is version 1.1.3-3.

--
Mike

catsalleyt

Bronze
Jan 26, 2008
Paloma, California
Thanks Tinman

No, that's not the same thing. Nate's version, AFAIK, is no longer on Installer.

The version you see is the dev team version. That has gotten much better since its first release. So if you use that one make sure it is version 1.1.3-3.

--
Mike
Hey Thanks Tinman, Glad to have your quick response. Catsalleyt

Popdevil

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Hi
Thanks Catsalleyt
If you follow these steps you should be in good shape

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/tutorial-mac-pc-1-1-3-jailbreak-1-5-2hrs.19075/

I did Nate's first and then did the above and more things worked.

NOTE: I would remove everything from your phone first and always do a NEW PHONE setup instead of a restore from backup when asked until you are donen with everything, then you can add all of your stuff back.

catsalleyt

Bronze
Jan 26, 2008
Paloma, California
Hey Popdevil

If you follow these steps you should be in good shape

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/tutorial-mac-pc-1-1-3-jailbreak-1-5-2hrs.19075/

I did Nate's first and then did the above and more things worked.

NOTE: I would remove everything from your phone first and always do a NEW PHONE setup instead of a restore from backup when asked until you are donen with everything, then you can add all of your stuff back.
Hi,
I appreciate your response and I read it (the link) and it said this was for a 1.1.2 otb.
If I understood it right, and my phone is a 1.1.1 otb upgraded to a 1.1.2.
So does that pretty much count me out?
Catsalleyt