software 2.1 apps still crashing..

Jul 17, 2007
baby oahu
this is getting very frustrating when you open up apps and closes back to home screen. Also frustrating if you have to restore the apps will be gone.

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
Since 2.1 I have not had any problem with crashing apps. The only change I can attribute to this is I now "ONLY" load and install apps from iTunes and sync them over to the phone. This includes updates.

Try it

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
this is getting very frustrating when you open up apps and closes back to home screen. Also frustrating if you have to restore the apps will be gone.
Try downloading a app from the phone that worked for me.

Jul 17, 2007
baby oahu
2.1 virgin no JB here, could it be because I switch from E to 3G to conserve battery?

hjd73

Sep 27, 2008
Toronto
I still get some apps that crash. Generally news apps like NY Times. I am on 2.1. I can live with this as I don't have the 2.0.2 problem of all non Apple apps crashing to the home screen.

scottjf8

Silver
Aug 12, 2008
As soon as I have one that crashes, I reboot the phone. That clears it up.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
As soon as I have one that crashes, I reboot the phone. That clears it up.
Same here.

Yesterday the phone was being all slow, apps would freeze, crash, not let me exit by holding and pressing the home button, etc, I held sleep and home, reset the phone and it fixed everything.

Dallas Phil

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Try a HARD reboot. Press and hold the on/off and home buttons at the same time. You will see a slider to turn off but keep both buttons pushed until the phone shuts down. Wait a couple seconds and then push the on/off button. You will get the white Apple logo and it will stay there a few which will make you nervous. Just patiently wait and soon you will see your unlock screen. This has worked for me when I have had that problem with apps. Good luck!