Software for iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

dblaron

Bronze
Feb 17, 2007
Ok so I just watched the WWDC 2007, and i am pissed. Not at the iPhone or Steve, yet at myself. I had the idea to make a phone with the same functions as the iPhone. In the respect to third party apps and the browser over a year ago. The reason why i did not say anything or do it was because of the connection speed. Put it this way the apps will only run as fast as your connection speed. This is great for small tasks, yet once it comes to games i do not think it will work as well. Small games will work great so if you are into video poker or games like that you will be happy. Yet it will not perform like a PSP or DS. Well maybe a DS but not a PSP. Yet it might if we had 3G. I am not knocking it and i still will be getting the iPhone if i can find the money. But I will most likely be creating software for the phone. you all don't know what this means but you will see the internet explode with apps for the iPhone now.

This one is for Chris, I wish I had thought to start this site now. I hope you now know the value of the name everythingiPhone. Your site will now be at the top of every google seach for the iPhone if it wasn't already for a long time. So on that not I will go but I would love to hear eveyones ideas of what apps would be cool on the iPhone because you probably will see them faster than you think. put it this way any app you have on your desktop can be created online. So Chris if you want to drop me a personal message I have a couple of ideas for your site. GOD I WISH I WOULD HAVE JUST FOLLOWED THROUGH WITH MY IDEAS:mad:

I also wish Steve Jobs would read this. Maybe he could give me a new job. Because this is now the second time i have thought of something and Apple has come out with it. APPLE TV two years ago, INTERNET BROWSER as a full functioning apps browser. If you do Steve higher me and make sure you put Quick Look into the iPhone. You know why think about it?

you all will be happy to know that because of this you will all get your third party apps and it won't take up any of the iPhones valuable storage space. Its a great trade off for no SD card slot.

Tell me all what you think?

DiscoJoey

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
ya i stoppped reading after i saw u said u had the same idea as the iPhone. who hasn't had that dream of the perfect phone that can do it all?

Bootlessjam

Bronze
Apr 15, 2007
Funny thing actually, I was just thinking to myself a couple of days ago "I wish there was a way to access my entire mac from school" and bam there it is in Leopard the next day!

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
I'd have to say that there are probably thousands who could have concieved of any number of the features on the iPhone. But I think what Apple has is something far more robust and profound going on.

1) They have a CEO who is absolutely driven to bring, not just cutting edge products (everyone "says" they do that), but to bring products to market that fundamentally change our lives. Personal computers, GUI, iPods, and now possibly the iPhone.

2) They have processes they go through, with a group of skilled people, internally to flesh out exactly what those life changing products and features are, and they work it long and hard. (i.e., it's not just Steve saying, "I want a multi-touch phone about yay big with this kind of scrolling and the full internet, wifi, etc.")

3) They have a corporate machine that can design those products in a beautiful way, engineer those concepts into products, get those products manufactured and delivered, and the ability to sell them into the marketplace.

4) They have developed over time a very large base of enthusiastic customers, which includes most everyone on this forum, that breathes a special life into everything Apple does.

All of this works together in a cyclical way to continue reinforcing Apple's position in the broader marketplace.

Nothing personal about having had similar ideas but what is profound about those ideas is less about the individual ideas themselves but the machinery that surrounds the creation of those ideas. In the absence of everything else all one is doing is writing science fiction.

If you think you're made of the material that is great and creating ideas, man, by all means, apply for a job at Apple. It's probably a very tough place to work but it's also probably very rewarding. I've heard the pay is pretty good too, if you can get in.

As for Chris and Everything iPhone, he's definitely the right guy, in the right place, at the right time. Kudos on that.

Jun 12, 2007
I'd have to say that there are probably thousands who could have concieved of any number of the features on the iPhone. But I think what Apple has is something far more robust and profound going on.

1) They have a CEO who is absolutely driven to bring, not just cutting edge products (everyone "says" they do that), but to bring products to market that fundamentally change our lives. Personal computers, GUI, iPods, and now possibly the iPhone.

2) They have processes they go through, with a group of skilled people, internally to flesh out exactly what those life changing products and features are, and they work it long and hard. (i.e., it's not just Steve saying, "I want a multi-touch phone about yay big with this kind of scrolling and the full internet, wifi, etc.")

3) They have a corporate machine that can design those products in a beautiful way, engineer those concepts into products, get those products manufactured and delivered, and the ability to sell them into the marketplace.

4) They have developed over time a very large base of enthusiastic customers, which includes most everyone on this forum, that breathes a special life into everything Apple does.

All of this works together in a cyclical way to continue reinforcing Apple's position in the broader marketplace.

Nothing personal about having had similar ideas but what is profound about those ideas is less about the individual ideas themselves but the machinery that surrounds the creation of those ideas. In the absence of everything else all one is doing is writing science fiction.

If you think you're made of the material that is great and creating ideas, man, by all means, apply for a job at Apple. It's probably a very tough place to work but it's also probably very rewarding. I've heard the pay is pretty good too, if you can get in.

As for Chris and Everything iPhone, he's definitely the right guy, in the right place, at the right time. Kudos on that.

Awesome
Thanks