Software update and Yahoo PUSH

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

eyephone

Jul 4, 2007
Hello all.

I have seen this type of post after every update so far, but I have to ask if this was present before the most recent update.(1.1.1)

In the settings for your yahoo account under "advanced," was the option to turn off "push" email there before? I really don't recall seeing this, but I could be wrong.

I have noticed that over the last few days that my push email, that has never worked, recently began to work. This excites me as I come from many years with the activesync OTA sync of mail contacts and calendars. I have long waited to have push email on my iPhone.

EYE

saaber

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
Hello all.

I have seen this type of post after every update so far, but I have to ask if this was present before the most recent update.(1.1.1)

In the settings for your yahoo account under "advanced," was the option to turn off "push" email there before? I really don't recall seeing this, but I could be wrong.

I have noticed that over the last few days that my push email, that has never worked, recently began to work. This excites me as I come from many years with the activesync OTA sync of mail contacts and calendars. I have long waited to have push email on my iPhone.

EYE
my non-updated iPhone does not give that option

177ike

Jul 21, 2007
It was not there before. I also noticed that other fields were added for port numbers, etc under advanced for my att email.

piloting

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
Is the yahoo push work on the 1.1.1. or 1.0.2. I switched to pop for a while and hope Apple will fix this problem. Of course, I don't want to upgrade yet.

eyephone

Jul 4, 2007
Push seems to be working fine for me today, and like I said, it NEVER worked before. I always had to manually check for mail.

:)