"Software Update Unavailable"

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by debbiep, Sep 18, 2013.

1. debbiep

debbiep Member
    Bronze

Downloaded iOS7 on my iPhone5, when the "verifying update" pops up, it then states Software Update Unavailable". What's going on? Just noticed I'm getting the same message on my iPad

Thanks.

2. tybirdtybird

tybirdtybird Contributor
    Bronze

So far me to on 4s. On my iPad 2 still saying preparing update. This is the First time I ever got this message when updating :(

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1379535182.274367.jpg

Sent using iCafe app

3. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Try connecting it to your computer and update via iTunes.

4. JDem

JDem Contributor
    Bronze

Strange, iTunes does not recognize there is an update.

5. tybirdtybird

tybirdtybird Contributor
    Bronze

Same message on my iPad 2 :(

Come on Apple don't be like Microsoft and f&@kedip the updates :(

Sent using iCafe app

6. tybirdtybird

tybirdtybird Contributor
    Bronze

I'm updating iTunes now . That what I was going to try.

Sent using iCafe app

7. Joseph B

Joseph B Member
    Bronze

I’m having the same issue with my iPhone 4S. It recognizes that the update has been downloaded; goes into the "verifying update" process; and then stops with the message indicated above. I suppose it's possible that the download was bad. Does anybody know how it can be deleted so I can try to re-download it? I tried "Usage", but the iOS 7 download is not listed as an option.

OTOH, my third-generation iPad updated without any problems ...

8. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Apple servers are overwhelmed, try again later.

9. gadgetgal

gadgetgal Member
    Bronze

well-I screwed myself over for the time being as had to set my phone back to default after it told it couldn't be updated yet sat there all hung up when I went in through iTunes after I couldn't get it to work OTA.
    now my phone is basically a temporary paperweight because of course the iTunes Store is unable to process my request to even restore my phone at all! should've known to just wait until midnight tonight or whatever. Okay, fine, should've known better but in 2013, we shouldn't have to "know better". It should work no matter how many people are downloading.
    agreed with liberated that the servers are overloaded-yep. that would be it.
    anyhow--looking forward to iOS 7 as soon as I get my phone back! I can't do one thing with it at all! can't activate from the phone itself nor iTunes, so it is a total brick until I can get in! I definitely would not have done a thing if I'd thought it would be this bad and literally leave me with no use of even basic phone functions!

#9 gadgetgal, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  10. debbiep

debbiep Member
    Bronze

I'm starting to think the servers are overloaded. My iPhone finally verified and rebooted on its own, no luck with my ipad, even when done on my mac.

11. debbiep

debbiep Member
    Bronze

Hey! Just looked over at my ipad and it's rebooting on its own, only has taken 2 1/2 hours for this process. Now onto figuring out the new ios7.
    Good luck everyone.

12. gadgetgal

gadgetgal Member
    Bronze

hey there debbiep! have fun with it! glad to hear someone with it working. of course at this time, I sit here in bricksville! not going to start my iPad 3 just yet then! oh well!
    enjoy and I'll be joining the ranks as soon as I can!

13. gadgetgal

gadgetgal Member
    Bronze

It's 10 pm and after a few hours on and off, I finally was able to get it all fixed.
    turns out iOS 7.0 was already in which I'd guessed as the "Hello" screen stuff looked different.
    just needed to restore from backup and I do keep it backed up to iTunes and then to iCloud as well. Everything is in there and all systems go. Now just on to checking out all the features just like the rest of you!