SolarStyle Universal Battery/solar charger on sale!

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
I have one of their products and went to go buy a tip for my shiny new iPhone and discovered that they (still) have a holiday sale on.

If you want a very portable battery pack to charge your iPhone from, this is the one I would recommend. It has a 750mAh Li-Ion battery pack and can be charged via car, wall, or solar.

They have an iPod/iPhone tip, but I just ordered their universal USB cable so that I can use my iPhone USB cable (and any other USBs, for that matter).

Here's the charger:
http://www.solarstyleinc.com/detail.php?ID=4
And the USB cable:

http://www.solarstyle.com/detail.php?ID=47

The charger comes with one of two tip packs - choose the one that fits your BT headset or wife's phone, or both. :) It also has a built-in LED flashlight. It fits in an outstretched hand or in a pocket easily. I keep mine in my laptop bag when I travel, and I usually leave it on the dashboard charging while I am at a customer's site. I've also charged it in an airplane window during flight. :)

And by the way, this is the only one of their products I would recommend - the others have NiCad batteries or comparatively wimpy solar output.

The usual disclaimer: No, don't work for them, just a happy, paying customer, and now that they've knocked $16.00 off the price.... I might have to get me a second one. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
that's pretty neat. i'm currently evaluating a turbo cell charger that runs on AA batteries - it's nice to see a solar charger option.

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
I have a AA battery pack (again with interchangeable tips) from Gomadic, but I don't entirely recommend it since it requires you to get the voltage a little lower than normal before the iPhone's finicky charging mechanism will accept it. I'd be interested to hear how the one you're looking at fares.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I remember this when it first came out I think in july. Sure they have even updated since then. Would be great in when hiking.