sold iPhone

bronxaccents

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
New York City
hi just a simple question, i just sold my version 1 iPhone on ebay , its not unlocked.... but i was wondeing how to go about it....do i restore it back to the original settings? but if i do that, wouldn't it erase my contacts and music files? then when i get my 3g i wouldn't be able to sync all of them into my new phone?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
hi just a simple question, i just sold my version 1 iPhone on ebay , its not unlocked.... but i was wondeing how to go about it....do i restore it back to the original settings? but if i do that, wouldn't it erase my contacts and music files? then when i get my 3g i wouldn't be able to sync all of them into my new phone?
Take out your SIM card, and plug it into iTunes, and restore, and then make sure you set it up as a new phone. It wont be activated, and it will be as if it were a new phone, and all the info will still be on your computer.

iPhone-v2

Bronze
May 7, 2008
seattle
Ok this is what i did...
1.Sync(for backing up the data)>> 2.Restore>>
I guess that is it... and your music files wont be going nowhere even if you don't sync before restoring as it will be there in your iTunes and you can always sync with it, but for backing up your contacts and notes and pics etc. you need to sync it before restoring it. And when you get your new iPhone 3G(assuming) as it will already be activated in the store all you need to do is connect it to your iTunes and sync it with the back up. iTunes will ask you before proceeding. Good luck, and remember there is a thanks button down there...:p

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
Ok this is what i did...
1.Sync(for backing up the data)>> 2.Restore>>
I guess that is it... and your music files wont be going nowhere even if you don't sync before restoring as it will be there in your iTunes and you can always sync with it, but for backing up your contacts and notes and pics etc. you need to sync it before restoring it. And when you get your new iPhone 3G(assuming) as it will already be activated in the store all you need to do is connect it to your iTunes and sync it with the back up. iTunes will ask you before proceeding. Good luck, and remember there is a thanks button down there...:p
just restore your phone, all your information will stay on iTunes so when you get the 3G just plug it in and it will just sync to that phone, its really simple

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
i read the OP and answered his post, didn't really care about yours or anybody else's is that such a big deal i mean what do you want from me
Okay dude, just calm down. I was just saying that it was already answered. Twice.

Not a big deal dude.