Sold my Apple watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by hurlthis22, Nov 23, 2015.

1. hurlthis22

hurlthis22 Member
    Bronze

I purchased my Apple watch - Sport Edition 2 months ago and decided to sell it over the weekend. Am I the only one that thinks this was a total disappointment? The device itself is very nice but for the price I paid, I just couldn't live with myself thinking how much of a waste of money it was. I would still need to use my phone for everything, it lagged A LOT, Apps were horrid, 3/4 of the time Siri didn't work and the list goes on. I love Apple but man this was a total let down. I could live with a $100 loss but other than that, I feel for those that paid $500+ for this thing. Of course, to each it's own and you can do whatever you want with your money but I don't see myself getting any Apple watch in the near future.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

I'm disappointed that devs have not updated their apps to run natively on the watch. It seems like the watch isn't getting the support that Apple was expecting from app devs.

3. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist
    Gold

Unfortunately I have to agree. For the money I spent, I could have a Movado on my wrist, but being the tech fan that i am, and apple enthusiast, I thought a nice looking watch that also served as a nice piece of tech would be the better choice. I have to say, I use the Apple Watch in not much more capacity than I used my Pebble or Pebble Steel, even though it cost upwards of 3x the price. I'm still deciding what I want to do, whether that is to keep the watch, or shine it up and sell it...

4. tudy

tudy Member
    Bronze

I sold mine after a few months. Too much money for too little. I am also an Apple enthusiast w/ iMac, iPad, iPhone, Apple TV ( finally sold old White MacBook). I'm looking for something to replace- perhaps the Pebble Time

5. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

I'm still loving mine. Notifications while I'm at the gym working out are excellent, even with my iPhone in a locker across the room (30-40 feet away).

As for apps running natively on the watch, I don't think it has the processor power to run many apps natively. Going into this we all knew the watch was an extension of the phone. I don't think you can rationally expect the watch to do things it was never intended to do. Simple stuff - sure. But the Apple Watch remains exactly what it was designed to be. I'm loving it!

6. Chancellor

Chancellor Contributor
    Bronze

I sold mine a while ago, not for any negative reason, I was just iphoneless for a small bit of time. I enjoyed the Apple Watch, It does what I wanted it to do :). Like all tech toys, I will try the new one upon release and probably love that one also!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

I had 2 smart watched previously... Both were Pebbles. I got so use to having a smart watch. That I don't think I can live without it. When the Apple Watch came out, I knew I wanted one. I have to admit it is light years ahead of other watches. It's exactly what I need.

8. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

I got mine Saturday as an early x-mas gift from my kids. So far I love it. The lag is negligible, the notifications are great. Even the phone calls (in a fairly quiet setting) are awesome.

9. markulmer

markulmer New Member

I use mine constantly, mainly for communicating, instant information, unobtrusive notifications, making quick notes and reminders and controlling remote devices. If you're looking for a device to play games on (Doom? Really?) or something to run apps in general, why would you want a watch for that purpose?

10. Anthony Carver

Bronze

Well I have got recently and I am excite to use it.

11. Mrallank59

Mrallank59 Contributor
    Bronze

400 bucks for a watch that does all this is a cheap price.

12. davistld01

davistld01 New Member

You, my friend either have money to burn or are extraordinarily easy to impress.

13. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Or it's his choice to decide what he buys.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  14. Tru7h__07

Tru7h__07 New Member

I am also pretty unimpressed with my watch if I am perfectly honest. Though, I believe we all know one thing is true that we wish we didn't have to deal with: Apple is leaving out features so they can build on a more simple watch in the future.

I hope that doesn't make me sound like I hate Apple or something, haha(hides retro,"Think Different" T-shirt):D I love Apple and am a loyal customer, but I still realize one thing – They are a business.

It's would be hard to come up with a ton of new tech/features if generation 1 already came loaded with a camera, the best possible battery life(Not that I have a problem with my battery life personally), etc. The things that developers haven't developed so far isn't quite Apple's fault, but yeah.

Sad to say I will hopefully try to make my money back.

15. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Let the dislikes flow through you, young padawan! Feel their power! :D

16. Mrallank59

Mrallank59 Contributor
    Bronze

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1453089296.662087.jpg
    42 with Lunatik Epic case and leather strap

17. Mrallank59

Mrallank59 Contributor
    Bronze

Oops, sorry, I meant to put this in show your watch.

18. Peacekepr

Peacekepr Member
    Bronze

Hi everybody - been a while since I have been here but I am back...

I have been through 3 Jawbone UP bands and decided to switch to the apple watch shortly after it came out and my 3rd UP died. I really like the Apple Watch.

Living in NYC I walk 4 to 7 miles a day and I like to keep track of how much or little I walk (better go to the gym today). Its been years since I have worn a watch to keep time but Apple Watch with fitness tracking has brought me back to wearable devices.

Another feature I have grown to value is notifications. No longer do I miss messages because I had my phone on mute!

On the price, yes it is pricey but so is a decent digital watch and if it helps keep me healthy and fit I am willing to spend the money on it.

19. Loquutis

Loquutis Contributor
    Bronze

I still love mine also. Yes I do still wear my Tag or one of my Seiko watches (just bought a second one) as I miss wearing something other than the Apple. But to say I now regret the purchase would be so untrue. The watch does exactly what Apple said it would do. Nothing more, nothing less. I fully understood what I was buying at the time.
    I would not sell a newly purchased car because I found out it can't fly. No one told me it could.

20. Kriss

Kriss Zealot
    Silver

I've listed my watch on Ebay. To me it was a novelty. I never used the health apps on it. I could barely read any of the apps in the app screen. Basically, I used it to tell time and that's all. I missed my Movado watches. There wasn't anything wrong with it, I just thought I'd make a few bucks selling it to someone who would use it more.