SOLD OUT! I wasn't able to get one.

TyWebb

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
Paradise, FL, USA
Well I wasn't able to get an iPhone today. I wasn't able to call the local ATT store until about 10:30 and by then they said they had already sold out :( I guess im waiting for the next shipment. Anyone have any idea when that is going to be?

I am in Daytona Beach.

Waaaaaah.

xomwah

Bronze
Apr 28, 2008
what state do you live?

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
I'm visiting PA this week and the local store said the would get 40 more on Tuesday or Wednesday. They had 30 this AM.

Aug 16, 2007
Silver Spring, MD
yeh i just tried to get one and the line was for reserves. I'm in no rush, i still like the V1. i'll wait until all the hooplah dies down and then cop one

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
At the store I was at about 30-40 people were turned away and they said they would do Direct Fulfillment (or something along those lines) and would get customers iPhones within 1 week.

Fairy_dust

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah...

I'm so angry with O2 in the UK. Can you believe they only had 6 iPhones to sell today in our town. The iPhone is also available from carphone warehouse but they were the same - only 6. It is absolutely pathetic , what the hell are Apple playing at? They didn't even have a clue when they were getting more...:mad:

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
At the store I was at about 30-40 people were turned away and they said they would do Direct Fulfillment (or something along those lines) and would get customers iPhones within 1 week.

Ditto. I was told the same thing except 7-10 days.

iPhreak

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
All the AT&T store in the counties in West Metro Atlanta are out. (Bartow, Paulding, and Cobb) Just an FYI!

damstr

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
yeh i just tried to get one and the line was for reserves. I'm in no rush, i still like the V1. i'll wait until all the hooplah dies down and then cop one
I'm with you there man. I tested the internet because one of the AT&T reps outside for people waiting had one and I asked to see it.

Loaded up evom.com on my phone and the new 3G iPhone at the same time and was immediately jealous of the faster downloading speeds.

Another thing is the phone looks slimmer and compared to the V1 it actually is but the 3G has a bump in the middle that actually makes it slightly wider. The phone also doesn't slide out of your hand like the V1 does. Less drops for me. :p

I'll probably be picking one up in the comming weeks, as for now the V1 is fine for me.

iphone1027

Bronze
Jul 2, 2008
One of the Apple stores here told me they have plenty for the demand, but they told me its a very very big line outside.

iPhreak

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
Anyone at a Apple Store in ATL with an update?

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
My dumbass AT&T store didn't even get a shipment, and yet they are listed as an authorizes seller. What a dumb f*ck. Now I have to take my chances with the Apple store at Roosevelt field mall in L.I. That should be a pleasant experience :rolleyes: It wouldn't bother me if he had and sold out (like every other AT&T store around here) he didn't even get them in!

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
My AT&T store (Woodland, CA.. as if I'm not the ONLY person here) sold out, too. Seemed like they only had 20 phones as I was 9th in line and they ran out while I was still in the store.

I'm surprised the stores don't seem better prepared for the demand. They had a zillion employees in there (the was one girl just straightening paperclips to use to eject sim cards)... I wonder if they expected more phones would be arriving. They certainly didn't need all those people beyond about 9AM when they ran out of phones.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I'm surprised the stores don't seem better prepared for the demand. They had a zillion employees in there (the was one girl just straightening paperclips to use to eject sim cards)... I wonder if they expected more phones would be arriving. They certainly didn't need all those people beyond about 9AM when they ran out of phones.
I agree... My store here in Spartanburg SC. Only had 60 new phones.

They had already given out 20 to their employees. One guy had 4 in his pocket. But the other 40 that they sold to people went quick.

They were out of 16 Gig Black ones just as I got into the store. They had 5 white ones left and 6 Black 8 gig models.

So I guess I'll wait for the next shipment. :)

shillingem

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Greensboro, NC
Just checked the AT&T stores in Greensboro, NC and Burlington, NC and they are all out! I did talk to a guy who said that they may have a another shipment for tomorrow, but it all depends on allocations. Whatever that means. We all know how reliable CSR are?!? I also called the Apple store in Charlotte, NC and the girl I talked with wouldn't tell me how many phones they had left, but did say that if I came down I should be able to get one, even with about 70 people ahead of me. Just an FYI!
Don't forget to check the Apple website tonight after 9 to see the inventory for tomorrow.
~E

kunfuzious

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Boulder
My local AT&T here in Northern CA, had a bunch of them. I was about 30th in line and got in and got out real fast. I asked the AT&T rep about the growing line outside (about 50-60 deep) and he said they should be able to accomadate most of them.

drewlrocks

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
i just called like 5 of my local att stores and they allsaid they got like 20-30 and were out. then i call 2 Apple stores and the first one said they had over 350 people outside but they would have plenty for all of them and for me if i came at any time lol. and i called another one and they said they have like a ton of people outside and had plenty for everyone. both by shamburg illinois. looks like the att stores got 20 to 50 and Apple stores got over 400 lol.