Soldered off iPhone 4 antenna connection point. HELP

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by paintdude258, Jul 31, 2012.

1. paintdude258

paintdude258 Member
    Bronze

I was recently attempting to boost my iPhone 4 antenna connection by adding a solder to a contact point near where the iPhone antenna connects to the motherboard. Come to find out, i didn't have the right tools, nor do i have the necessary experience. So while doing so, i soldered off the raised ring on the motherboard that the antenna wire fastens on to. Does anyone have any possible suggestions or ideas on how to work around this problem? I basically have a big iPod touch now, and it sucks!

The point i am talking about is the connection point right in the middle of the photo below.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-VOgMc7pFyW0/Tt2QaWNeAJI/AAAAAAAADHw/vc_eMLCDlDA/s1600/DSC00028.JPG

2. rambo47

rambo47 Contributor
    Silver

A legit repair would probably cost as much as a replacement phone. I'd say just bin it, or part it out and eBay stuff like the screen, housing, etc.

3. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

Well, since you don't seem to have anything to lose, I would try to repair or re-solder it.

4. Ltzguy

Ltzguy Zealot
    Gold

Take a pic of the part you need. If its removable, I have a busted iPhone 4 for parts. Pm me