Solid state hard drives

truehybridx

Bronze
Oct 31, 2007
hmmm would the laws of physics allow that lol

truth is with solid state is you can make it any size you want. the only problem is the connector

*sent via iPhone*

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
hmmm would the laws of physics allow that lol

truth is with solid state is you can make it any size you want. the only problem is the connector
All I know is I started telling my iPhone that it has SS storage and all of a sudden I have a 24 GB iPhone! It's amazing...

--
Mike

prmdbr

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
The tilt makes the iPhone look dumb.

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
yes because whats the highest SS storage goes up to currently? 16GB or is it more
(not to meantion whtever the government is hiding from us lol)
Are you talking about flash drives (sd, cf, memory stick, etc) or actual ss drives?

As I said earlier, even Dell, who has traditionally been a very slow adopter of new tech, is selling them in their Lattitude laptops. They are still expensive, but they'll come down quickly. The Israeli armed forces use ssds in nearly everything, and Air Force and commercial airlines use ssds in black boxes and data recorders. They are available in terabyte sizes, but at the sort of prices only governments can afford. The technology has certainly endured trial by fire.

Between new battery technology, led backlights, newer 45nm processor tech (with it's exponential reduction in voltage leakage and lower operating temps), laptops are becoming VERY efficient. The past year has produced some very exciting technology.

truehybridx

Bronze
Oct 31, 2007
ohh he must be thinking bout a difference in file system and compression

like say the iPhone had a fat system and u converted it to fat32 u could hold more because of the formatting, ive tried that on some mp3 players and it seems like they hold more but they become useless

btw could someone on 1.0.2 upload a copy of their mobilephone.app directory and pm me with the link, I'd appriciate it

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
not really on the topic of the thread but i didn't wanna start a new one just for this question. Can you use a iPhone as a portable drive? like if i wanted to put on some basic files such as word docs could you drag them into your picture folder or something and hook up to another computer and access them?

cubbie5150

Bronze
Dec 16, 2007
Well, reading through this thread has cost me 2-3 minutes I'll never get back... @ the OP: kindly start a thread that makes sense next time. Thank you. That is all.